Carnival Victory Cruise Review by djoulie

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

1st cruise - Wonderful!
(sorry if my english is not perfect, my first language is french! :-) )

We are a young couple (26 and 28), it was my first cruise and 2nd one for my boyfriend. We usually go to Cuba or Dominican Republic and we were looking for something different.

We left Montreal, Canada on sunday morning feb 15th and were in San Juan at around 3h15pm. We got our luggages pretty fast, got a taxi and went directly to the Pier.

The embarkation was sooo smooth, no waiting line what so ever. Got our sail and sign cards, and went to visit the ship a little bit. I think that from outside the pier till inside the ship it took around 15 mins for us to proceed.

W went to the information desk to get our fuel surcharge credit (since we booked back in August), we got even more than we were supposed to because of an error so we didn't complain!

We were assigned a table for 8 (got the late seating as requested) at the Pacific lower dining room. We wanted to have a private table for 2 so we went to see the Maitre D as soon as the late seating was starting at the first night and he gave us a nice table for 4 (but we were alone all week) instead. Fernando (maitre D) was of great help.

We found that the food was really good at the Pacific dining room. We tried the fish, beef, chicken.. Name it, everything was good and well cooked (except one time, my boyfriend steak was a bit overcooked). The deserts were always well presented. Also if you are into cheese, the Brie (on the desert card) was very good and well presented with fruits and bread. Our waiters (Sunarsa from Indonesia and Leslie from India) were very pleasant, and never made any mistake in our orders. Service was perfect, and Natalia (beverage service) was always suggesting some nice drinks. For breakfast we went on the Lido deck almost every morning. Scramble eggs, bacon, sausages, yogurt.. Everything was at the right temperature, nothing to complain. We really liked the sandwiches station in the afternoon (in the Mediterranean restaurant), where you could basically order the sandwich you want as you like it.

The cabin was bigger than I thought and perfect for the 2 of us. We got some friendly towel animals from our steward every night. Everything was clean. The only negative point I can find is that it's not possible to open the window in the room. We ordered some breakfast as room service 1 time, it came in on time and everything that we ordered was there. It's fun that it's included in the cruise price :-)

We didn't go to any show so I cannot review that part. Didn't go to the disco either. At the casino, I did put 20$ in the 2cents slots and came back with 22$, so I am happy haha

Debarkation process was pretty smooth also. We were assigned section 29 so almost the last ones to get out since our flight was at 4h45pm. They did 2 gangways for debarkation making it smoother I believe, we went out at around 10h45am on deck 3 (since we were not US citizens) gave our declaration cards and we were out.

Overall, I really enjoyed my first experience on a cruise with Carnival, and the islands that we visited were all unique and amazing.

Publication Date: 03/11/09