Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by fayelil

Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: fayelil
Cruise Date: February 2009
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated

Super Delightful
My oldest granddaughter and I chose this ship over our family and my guy friend's usual Royal Caribbean cruising because it looked like a great classy ship and classy it was. I chose to take my granddaughter with me this time - she just returned from working in New York and needed some r and r and I definitely needed some r and r as I am in the employment business and it is not going anywhere but the cruise ship was going somewhere - and that was what we needed the ship to take command.

Everything was just so nice - there were a lot of senior couples on this cruise - a lot - we had a great stateroom with a balcony on the 11th deck - the ship was completely sold out. But there was never a time that a crowd was in the way. The bedding on the ship was fantastic, you just sink into the down comforter - the towels were very luxurious and all you wanted - the service was great - the bathroom was maybe a bit larger than some of the other ships really it was like a Class A Hotel - the food in the main dining room (we had 2nd seating) was okay. I found the menus hard to read as the printing was very light on the menus - and they didn't give a lot of choices - seems like RC gives more choices. We ate one night at the Tuscany and it was good - I found that Chaps on RC was a better steakhouse - we ate at the Crepery a few times - just okay - the buffets were plentiful -you sure couldn't go away hungry - it makes me laugh though as some people who patronize the buffet must think they are in Denny's - they want their toast just so and the bacon just so crisp or not to crisp - and on and on they go with their wants..I wanted to say so bad to one woman "this is not Denny's, lady" but I didn't. All in all it was a great trip. This is a very romantic ship and you should go on it with a guy - Lillian Hammer

Publication Date: 03/10/09