Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by cstrick: Navigator Westerm Carribbean

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Navigator Western Caribbean Cruises

Navigator Westerm Carribbean

Sail Date: February 2009

Navigator Feb 6 - Feb 16 Good and Bad

We recently completed the above cruise and I thought that I would try to give an objective review.

Embarkation: The embarkation was slow due to a computer malfunction (seems to be an ongoing problem throughout Regent). We waited for 30 minutes in the lounge.

Cabin: Our cabin was as expected. Spotless and in very good shape. Service from our stewardess Donna and our butler Rajib was efficient and cheerful. The evening appetizers and room service was great.

Food: I know that food is subjective. It was at times very good and always well presented but not 6 star. Often the food at the pool grill was undercooked. Breads and deserts were excellent, the cookies not so much. Service was good and very cheerful. My husband loved the French toast, but my omelet orders turned into scrambled eggs several times so l I finally gave up. By the way, we were always able to get a table for two in the dining room. More

Entertainment: The production shows were only fair. We only went to one. The special entertainment was excellent. Wojtek Mrozek and Agata were spectacular.

Lecturer: Captain Larry R was excellent and very informative about the ports and their history. He gave many educational and fun lectures. He was also very helpful on a disastrous shore excursion.

Shore Excursions : For the most part the shore excursions were well planned and very educational in Guatemala, Cozumel and Progresso. Belize was another story. We were on the Lamani Ruins and River Excursion. The first ¾ of the excursion went well and the ruins were very interesting. However, on the way back disaster hit. The driver (guide) was going at an excessive rate of speed when the steering let go and the boat crashed into some trees off the main channel. The steering locked and the transmission also let go. We were out of sight of the main channel in snake and crocodile infested water. The guide did not have any mode of communication nor did he have any tools to free the steering. Several gentlemen on the boat cobbled some steering together and we limped out to the main channel. The other boat on the tour also lost an engine. Regent does send an escort on the excursions but because of the location she did not have ready contact with the ship. I was bruised when we hit the trees. No one on the ship checked with me about my injuries. While I was not seriously hurt I felt that someone should have inquired about my status.

Disembarkation: All of the colors were called at once and it was a zoo. It needs some work.

The ship had a major mechanical problem and lost an engine at the beginning of the cruise. We missed two ports but were adequately compensated. I believe that the mechanical problems on the Navigator have been ongoing and as this was a port intensive cruise it was disappointing. Would I sail on Regent again, YES. However, I do expect more from a 6 star cruise line. Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>