“Back from the Orchestra 2/7-2/14”
Cruise review of MSC Orchestra

nomorebocci MSC Orchestra 5 Back from the Orchestra 2/7-2/14
nomorebocci
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
After reading some really horrible reviews of the Orchestra, we were rather apprehensive about this ship. We just returned and I must tell you, this was extremely enjoyable. We have been on about 20 or so cruises, so we are very experienced. The ship was beautiful, very clean, and the staff was pleasant, courteous and very helpful.

We enjoyed such professional and high quality shows each night, especially the opera show and the magician. Standing ovations almost every night.

The cabin, though small, was ok. This was the first time we had a balcony and now we're spoiled. How can we ever go back to an inside cabin.

The food received mixed reviews from our friends. However, my husband and I enjoyed the gourmet Italian delicacies that we had every night. If you are just used to American style spaghetti and meatballs, etc., I guess you didn't like the polenta, fennel, manicotta and the like. We did. And even if you didn't care for something, they were happy to bring you anything else. We had ice cream every night. The ice cream was not available during the day except if you paid for it. As far as the buffet goes, there were plenty of choices, plenty of stations, the lines were not long, and we found seating every single time. The coffee guys came around with carts with hot steaming coffee continuously.

I don't understand some of the complaints I read about. The problems we had were so minor they weren't even worth mentioning.

Yes, there was no talent show. Yes, there was only Karaoke one night. Yes, there were no chocolates on the pillows at night. That's about it.

I'll say it once again. You can enjoy yourselves on a beautiful ship, with attentive service, good food, lovely weather, or you can complain about every little thing. I chose the former.

I heartily recommend this ship to anyone. We had a wonderful time.

Signed, Esther & Joe

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Orchestra Review
MSC Orchestra Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?