Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Kutty1101: 1st Time cruise, Family of 4. Last minute booking.

Kutty1101
Member Since 2008

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Eastern Caribbean Cruises

1st Time cruise, Family of 4. Last minute booking.

Sail Date: January 2009

We wanted a 1st minute vacation, and decided to book a cruise. My parents are Celebrity Regulars, and we wanted to see what all the fuss was about. We are a family of 4, husband age 43, myself age 36, and 2 kids ages 2 & 4.

Embarkment went smooth. We boarded at 1pm, and our room was ready right away. We upgraded a few days before the cruise from an outside window stateroom to one of the sweet sixteen veranda cabins. Room 6027. It had a very unappealing bright orange & yellow upholstery. Seemed very outdated. Bathroom had much wear and tear. Paint peeling on balcony. (they also decided to paint the balcony midway through our trip. Then, there was wet paint signs on the balcony, and we really couldn't go out there for a good day.) Balcony chairs weathered. Mattress on pull out couch was stained. We had this cabin because it was large enough to hold my Husband & I plus our 2 & 4year old sons. The size was nice, but very ugly & outdated. More

The MDR was nice. Our water was not friendly at all. Sorry Roberto. He always seemed annoyed, and the meals seemed very rushed. We are not slow eaters at all....but he spent a lot of time gabbing to these cute single women a few tables down and quickly hurried with the other tables in the area. Infact, most meals consisted of our app plate, salad plates or soups, and main entrees all piling up. We weren't finished with one and they'd bring out another. We just felt very rushed. The food quality was good, but not like what my parents had raved about. Infact, I took pictures of nearly every dish....and my Mom thought it was not like the food they had either. =(

We used the buffet for lunch. The food was good, but didn't vary too much.

We used room service almost everyday, on account of the kids. We never had a mistake in the order, and it was always fast & hot. Our stateroom attendant brought the food 95% of the time, and we tipped $10 in cash each time. He was very attentive for that. Otherwise out stateroom service was ok. There was never any towel animals, and ice in the bucket only a few days. Our on-shore beach towels were only given to us 2 days....the other 3 days we had to ask. Our attendant said they had a shortage, and they were still being laundered. He said we could only have 2 towels for the 4 of us though.

The clientele was most older. Seemed like very few people under the age of 50. I think there was only about 6 children on the ship. Although everyone was nice, we just didn't seem comfortable with people so much older. We did not use the kid's club because our youngest was not 3 yet.

The excursions booked with celebrity were fair. They were interesting, but seemed very spendy.

The entertainment was ok. Perry Grant was about the only cool thing. Other shows were boring.

For the $9,600 we paid (air, cruise, & excursions.) we probably wouldn't do a cruise again. Service seemed to lack, and the ship was a bit outdated. We have stayed at some really posh hotels with stellar service for far less money. My husband and I agreed that we may have felt differently if it we were only paying for us 2. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation 6027

Very unappealing bright orange & yellow upholstery. Seemed very outdated. Bathroom had much wear and tear. Paint peeling on balcony. Balcony chairs weathered. Mattress on pull out couch was stained. We had this cabin because it was large enough to hold my Husband & I plus our 2 & 4year old sons. The size was nice, but very ugly & outdated.