Carnival Valor Cruise Review by kruisecrazy

Member Name: kruisecrazy
Cruise Date: January 2009
Cabin Category: 8D
Value-for-Money 5+

Valor best value on the high seas!
The Valor is a very well maintained boat. It has been refurbished and has alot to offer. They just installed a new jumbo TV on the Lido deck. I was not much of a fan of the TV. I thought it took away from the feel of the boat. They had a football game playing on the first day of the cruise. If people seriously want to watch sports on a vacation go back to your room and watch it. Don't make the rest of us who just want to sit out on the deck and enjoy the sun listen to the game. Where is the Caribbean music? Then we had to have the Presidential inauguration going all day. Boring!!!!! I did like the movies that were playing late at night. I was a little disappointed in the activities or lack of. We have been on Carnival before and the activities were great, but this one really lacked. The shows are comparable, I thought the comedians did a great job some of the best I have seen. I know this changes all the time so it is a hit and miss. The dining food was great. The buffet food was just that, buffet food. My husband loves the 24 hr pizza.

I personally think Carnival does a great job in the cabin department. We had a Balcony and It was very roomy and comfortable. As always they had complimentary robes in every cabin. I love this little treat. They also have condiments in the bathroom like razors,toothpaste,excedrin,pepcid ac. I think this is a nice extra that other lines Don't offer. We had a great time. This was the first time we have traveled in January. The overall crowd was a little older and kind of boring. I probably will choose a different time of year for that reason. I like a lively crowd. I think Carnival has the best overall value. Great price!!! I have been on Princess, Royal caribbean, Disney and Carnival. Cant see paying more because the overall experience in comparable.

Publication Date: 03/06/09