Carnival Valor Cruise Review by kruisecrazy: Valor best value on the high seas!

kruisecrazy
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Valor best value on the high seas!

Sail Date: January 2009

The Valor is a very well maintained boat. It has been refurbished and has alot to offer. They just installed a new jumbo TV on the Lido deck. I was not much of a fan of the TV. I thought it took away from the feel of the boat. They had a football game playing on the first day of the cruise. If people seriously want to watch sports on a vacation go back to your room and watch it. Don't make the rest of us who just want to sit out on the deck and enjoy the sun listen to the game. Where is the Caribbean music? Then we had to have the Presidential inauguration going all day. Boring!!!!! I did like the movies that were playing late at night. I was a little disappointed in the activities or lack of. We have been on Carnival before and the activities were great, but this one really lacked. The shows are comparable, I thought the comedians did a great job some of the best I have seen. I know this changes all the time so it is a hit and miss. The dining food was great. The More buffet food was just that, buffet food. My husband loves the 24 hr pizza.

I personally think Carnival does a great job in the cabin department. We had a Balcony and It was very roomy and comfortable. As always they had complimentary robes in every cabin. I love this little treat. They also have condiments in the bathroom like razors,toothpaste,excedrin,pepcid ac. I think this is a nice extra that other lines Don't offer. We had a great time. This was the first time we have traveled in January. The overall crowd was a little older and kind of boring. I probably will choose a different time of year for that reason. I like a lively crowd. I think Carnival has the best overall value. Great price!!! I have been on Princess, Royal caribbean, Disney and Carnival. Cant see paying more because the overall experience in comparable. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Lido 9234

Belize is nice, Really busy. We did the Raiders of the Lost Mayan City tour and it was great. Kind of a long bus ride but it was worth it. They take you out of the city and out to the lush hills, very pretty. I didn't see alot that the city itself had to offer, really poor and dirty. People very pushy. But they had some great deals.

Love Cozumel, alot to offer and great deals. Never bored in Cozumel. Great beaches, great food, great fun!!
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

I love Grand cayman, the seas were a little choppy so we had to go to the other side of the island. Not as nice as the regular port. Cayman is small, clean and very personable. Love the Diving there, I would recommend diving to all levels here. Great place to just walk around.

(5.5)
This is my all time favorite island! Take a walk back in time. Take scooters to the other side of the island. Very quiet and peacefull. We did a shark dive and it was an amazing dive. Would recommend it to anyone. Very organized. The port area is a little poor but that is what I love, people in their own enviroment. Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews