Boudicca Cruise Review by hhjessie

Cruise Date: January 2008
Embarkation: Bridgetown
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: D
See More About: Boudicca Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Fred. Olsen Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Boudicca Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Boudicca Deck Plans
Friendly and fun
My partner and I were a little apprehensive when reading reviews after booking our cruise from the local newspaper.  We were a little concerned that it appeared to be mainly enjoyed by the older generation - but our worries were unfounded as everyone was so friendly and easy to get along with.

I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday aboard the Boudicca visiting 9 carribean different islands. I was most impressed with the helpfulness of the staff who did everything to ensure that the holiday went smoothly.

We had an outside cabin on deck D. It was a descent size with plenty of storage space. We had both a shower an a bath tub in the bathroom. Tea and coffee making facilities with walkers biscuits topped up twice daily. We had two single beds which were quite comfortable The downside was that it was quite noisy and I did invest in some earplugs, but by the end of the cruise I think I was used to the noise -(a humming noise). The cabin was kept spotlessly clean by our sweet cabin attendant.

Everything was so well organised and extra help was always available to people who needed it.

The meals wherever we decided to eat were of excellent quality with plenty of choice.

The majority of the passengers were British. Due to the fact that Boudicca is a small cruise ship we seemed to get to know everyone and made lots of new friends.

The entertainment was adequate but would not be ideal for children or teenagers etc. As it was after visiting so many islands we were quite happy to have our evening meal- see the evening show - have a drink in one of the bars and then retire to our room as we knew we would be up and out again next morning.

I would not reccommend this cruise to young families and teenagers etc as it is more geared to 35 yrs and upwards.

Overall I found the cruise excellent value for money and am looking forward to booking my next Fred Olson Cruise.

Publication Date: 02/20/09