Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Jan O.

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Jan O.
Carnival Conquest
Cabin Category: 6B
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Just returned from the 6/13 sailing of the Conquest. This is the 2nd yr. in a row I have been on this ship. I cruised with my sister and our mother and it was her first cruise. She loved it!

I was very pleased with the upgrade we received, we were on Spa deck in a room with a great view and it was larger (220 sf) so it accommodated the three of us comfortably. My only cabin complaint was the noise from the open deck above us with the chairs being moved in and out each day by crew. Also there was a ping pong table up there and there was a lot of running on deck by kids, but it was tolerable mostly because of the room being so comfortable for us.

The food was OK...I have had better in the past. Also, I felt a bit rushed at dinner. I know the wait staff was just trying to be prompt, but I like to take a bit of time between courses and not scarf down each one directly behind the other. There should have been no rush since the next seating wasn't until 8:30 in our dining room.

Everything on the ship seemed to be in good repair (working) and was clean...except for the windows. I think they should work on the windows some during the week and try and keep them cleaner. My sister has sailed on Celebrity twice in the past and said they washed windows during the week rather that just when in the home port.

Our cabin steward was great although we saw her very little. When we requested something, she had it right there...quickly. Even though there was a full ship, the crowds were not bad at all. Since I no longer have small children or teens, there were more kids than my liking but that was tolerable. The weather was great..only one thunderstorm the whole time and that was at night. The Mississippi is always a bit more rocky (motion) than the Gulf or Caribbean but it was not too bad this time.

Embarkation was easy, even with pier pick-up on our documents. Debarkation was the usual pain, but was ok...we were last to get off for whatever reason, but helped to avoid some of the crowds getting luggage and pulling up to the curb to load it.

The shore excursion we took in Jamaica was a disaster as far as the transportation..we got stuck in this tiny bus (old) that was extremely crowded. Most of the people who happened to be on it were bigger folks and it proved to be very uncomfortable. I think they overbooked the outing and had to use leftover transportation once the original nice bus was full. This was the Spirit of Montego Bay tour. The informative part was good and our guide was a very sweet young lady named Ann Marie. The tour we did in Cozumel was nice...the subocean view trip. Got some great underwater pics without even getting wet!

The entertainment was just ok...I am not much on Vegas style stuff. I didn't frequent the Toulouse Latrec Lounge very much. I am sure there were many people who did like it...just personal preference. As usual....time flew and the week just wasn't long enough!!! Don't know when, but I will go cruising again as soon as possible!

Publication Date: 06/22/04