Carnival Victory Cruise Review by craig3137

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 6A
Dining 5+

Completely Satisfied
Arrived on a Sunday around 2PM...no problem getting on the ship, about an hour and a half wait I would guess (average).

Went straight for the cabin- No problems there-I liked the cabin, it was big enough, lots of space, we had a picture window which was nice, but no balcony.

The food, in my opinion was terrific, we were in the Pacific dining room, and our waiter, Mr. Sheriff and his assistant, were excellent, among the best I have ever met. the menu changes every night, but there are a few selections, such as salmon and steak which you can always order...I ordered the steak on two nights...delicious. Also, you can order as much as you want...I had three lobsters, and Mr. Sheriff asked if I wanted some more...

The burgers on the Lido deck were great but the fries not so much. The Calzones were great, and the pizza so so.

The drink stations are a bit of a walk and they run out of lemonade a lot, but the wait for a refill is never too long.

There is a deli place which I didn't try, but got rave reviews...

As for entertainment, I thought it was a bit lacking. I didn't attend all the shows, but the cruise singers and dancers were so so at best.

The comedian was decent but the magician was horrible...by far the worst I have ever seen.

The truth is though, I didn't care, I had a lot of fun anyway...the atmosphere on the cruise is fantastic.

We had drinks in the piano bar with "Eric" most nights. He is really good, and all the guests sing a long to the hits. If you roll a dollar bill and throw it in his basket, you can request his next song...He plays some X rated songs (all in good fun) and he is careful to warn the audience before he plays one.

The ports are what makes the cruise...

ST Thomas- Went up the sky ride for a breathtaking view, then on to Magens Bay, known as one of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world... great time

Dominica- Went to the waterfall and Emerald pool in the rain forest... I highly recommend it. Amazing

Barbados- Had to visit the Shipyard - gorgeous beach with perfect sand and water. The locals hassle you a bit for excursions, but other than than... no issues.

St. Lucia- Ziplining in the rain forest, by far the highlight of the trip... sooo much fun... they have 11 ziplines great photo opportunities.

Antigua-  Many people complain about this island, however we booked a horse back riding excursion and loved it. So relaxing and they let you ride the horses on the beach and take them bare back into the ocean... I think an excursion is the way to go on this island.

St. Kitts- We were played out by the time we arrived here, and just booked a relaxing island tour. It is not my favorite island, but there are so many great views, the island is beautiful and we took lots of photos

This was my second carnival cruise and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely book another one.

Other reviews complain about the Puerto Ricans taking over the ship... I did not encounter any rude locals... the same can't be said about some Americans. Not to give you the wrong impression, we met many many polite Americans, it just so happens that the only rude people we encountered we Americans, not locals.

Also only adults were in the adult pools and hot tubs each time I was there.

Malcolm is no longer the cruise director, Karl with a K is. I'm not sure if he was a cruise director on another ship or not, but I would bet not. There is nothing to complain about here, he seems quite pleasant but he doesn't really stand out either, I would say he hasn't quite found his niche yet.

Our cabin steward was not great. He never replaced our beach towels. I called the pursers desk once, and they came right over with some. We paged our steward once and he said he was on break till 5:30 (thanks). Also, strangely enough, my hair gel was missing from the bathroom. I put it inside the mirror (the mirror opens into a shelf) and it was gone. Room stewards often leave your cabin door open while they service the room... so maybe someone came in and took... although my camera was left on the shelf... and no one touched that. WEIRD.

In my review, I am being very picky with some of my comments, it's all in how you weight each comment... Out of all the negatives, I still had an amazing time, and would not hesitate in returning to Carnival.

Carnival strives to exceed expectations, and considers meeting expectations a failing grade. They didn't exceed all of my expectations, but I certainly wouldn't give them a failing grade.

Publication Date: 02/12/09