Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by juanshawn7076: Carnival Splendor - WOW

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Splendor - WOW

Sail Date: January 2009

This was my first time ever cruising. It's something I have wanted to do all my life and I finally got to do it for my 39th Birthday and it was the best experience I have ever had.

Carnival Splendor was great. From the food to the room stewards to the entertainment to the photographers onboard. Everything was perfect. I cannot say enough about this ship. We watched movies on the lido deck, watched the sunrise from our balcony cabin had a wonderful dinner in the Pinnacle Room. I was treated like a king for my birthday and was very grateful for the hospitality of the staff there. I have recommended to everyone I know that they experience at least one cruise in their lifetime. It's an experience you'll never forget. Everyone kept telling me to get the patch for motion sickness, but I ended up forgetting to put it on but yet I was fine the entire trip. You really don't know you are even on the water unless you run into rough waters which we did a couple of times, but most of the More people were drunk so they didn't even notice it... LOL.

San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassau were even more than I expected. My only regret is that we didn't get to see San Juan during the daytime. Other than that I have nothing to complain about.

The entire staff of the Splendor were so friendly and courteous and it got to the point when I went up to the bar they even knew what drink I was coming for and had already had it prepared... out of 3000+ patrons they remember you and that's amazing.

I hear a lot of people complaining about the pink... don't believe that... it wasn't bad at all... I have learned you can't please everyone. The only complaint that I really have is with some of the patrons who brought their unruly kids with them. Running all around the ship tearing up stuff. Do these people have any control of their unruly kids???? I couldn't believe some of the stuff these kids were allowed to do in the presence of their parents. I also heard a lot of people complaining about not having a wide variety to choose from in the food department. Well for me a ship where you have 24 hour food... what do you expect. I loved the food personally and the staff were more than willing to accommodate me when I asked for my meat to be well done etc.

All in all... I'll definitely be cruising again in the very near future. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Upper 6483

Our cabin was great...very spacious...loved the balcony. Our room stewards were above reproach...i loved coming in every evening to find a different towel artistry on my bed...I still don't know how they do that...and they kept our rooms cleaned...loved the service!

The only port I could have done without was LaRamona in the Dominican Republic. There wasn't much to do there and not a lot to see and was really not that impressed and from what I hear, I'm not the only one. I heard the people weren't very friendly either so I'm glad I didn't waste my time touring the island plus prices were very high to do the excursions and the taxi rates were through the roof.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

(5.5)
What can I say about this island but I have got to go back here to stay for a at least a week. We toured Paradise Island and I fell in love. This hotel was out of this world. I would love to have stayed here to experience what it's like. I mean it's so much to do at this place it's unbelievable. And the shopping here...woooooooooooooooo...I think this is where I emptied out my bank account... LOL. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable of his city and showed us everything from the low income neighborhoods to the middle class to the million dollar homes... it was a great experience and I'm looking forward to going back here.

Read 2627 Nassau Reviews

The only regret I have about this port was that we didn't have long before nightfall. I would have loved to have seen this city during the daylight hours. What I did see was very beautiful and I'll definitely be going back where I can spend time here during the day.

Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

What a wonderful place to visit. I even did my parasailing here which was the most wonderful experience I have ever had and I would definitely do it again. I loved the shopping on this island...so much to choose from and the prices were great. Every other store was a jewelry store and the jewelry was amazingly cheap...I'll definitely be headed back here to get more.
Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews