Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by juanshawn7076

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by juanshawn7076
Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: juanshawn7076
Cruise Date: January 2009
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Splendor - WOW
This was my first time ever cruising. It's something I have wanted to do all my life and I finally got to do it for my 39th Birthday and it was the best experience I have ever had.

Carnival Splendor was great. From the food to the room stewards to the entertainment to the photographers onboard. Everything was perfect. I cannot say enough about this ship. We watched movies on the lido deck, watched the sunrise from our balcony cabin had a wonderful dinner in the Pinnacle Room. I was treated like a king for my birthday and was very grateful for the hospitality of the staff there. I have recommended to everyone I know that they experience at least one cruise in their lifetime. It's an experience you'll never forget. Everyone kept telling me to get the patch for motion sickness, but I ended up forgetting to put it on but yet I was fine the entire trip. You really don't know you are even on the water unless you run into rough waters which we did a couple of times, but most of the people were drunk so they didn't even notice it... LOL.

San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassau were even more than I expected. My only regret is that we didn't get to see San Juan during the daytime. Other than that I have nothing to complain about.

The entire staff of the Splendor were so friendly and courteous and it got to the point when I went up to the bar they even knew what drink I was coming for and had already had it prepared... out of 3000+ patrons they remember you and that's amazing.

I hear a lot of people complaining about the pink... don't believe that... it wasn't bad at all... I have learned you can't please everyone. The only complaint that I really have is with some of the patrons who brought their unruly kids with them. Running all around the ship tearing up stuff. Do these people have any control of their unruly kids???? I couldn't believe some of the stuff these kids were allowed to do in the presence of their parents. I also heard a lot of people complaining about not having a wide variety to choose from in the food department. Well for me a ship where you have 24 hour food... what do you expect. I loved the food personally and the staff were more than willing to accommodate me when I asked for my meat to be well done etc.

All in all... I'll definitely be cruising again in the very near future.

Publication Date: 02/12/09