Carnival Victory Cruise Review by S. Tyler

Cruise Date: June 2004
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 1a
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Victory - Bahamas

S. Tyler from Virginia:

We went on the June 6-12 Carnival Victory Cruise to the Bahamas leaving from Norfolk, Va. This was our first Cruise. My Husband and I were celebrating my B-day and our 10th Wedding Anniversary so we were pretty excited!

Getting on the ship was a LONG process so if you have Kids make sure they use the bathroom BEFORE you get into line and bring some drinks and snacks! We got into line around 3pm but didn't get on board until 5:15. Norfolk pier just is not set up to deal with 3000 people. I'm just glad it wasn't to hot or raining.

Once we got on we went right to our room deck 2 room 2282. It was the best room!!!!!! We had a lot of Friends up on higher decks and they kept telling us how loud it was because those rooms are by restaurants and night clubs.

Some advice, as soon as you get on the ship go sign up for the shore tours because the best ones sell out very fast! We signed up for the Blue Lagoon in Nassau (This is where they filmed the movie! You MUST SEE IT!) and the Pirates of the Bahamas Beach Party (In Freeport). I've heard that these tours are SO expensive but I found them to be very inexpensive for all you get to do. For both trips for my Husband & I it was only $136 for two full days of fun. The Blue Lagoon was AMAZING! If you get a chance to go do it! That was the best day of the trip!

Back to the ship! The Shows are pretty good! We saw Living In America and Vroom in the Caribbean Lounge. They also did shows like The Man Show, Not-So-Newlywed show that was the FUNNIEST thing I have ever seen and Bingo daily! Irish Sea Bar is SO much fun! Cam the Piano Man was awesome! Very talented! Loved Skippy the Cruise Director! He was great!

Food was AWESOME! Buffet lines are VERY LONG so beware of that! And the food reminds me of a Golden Corral or Old Country Buffet, It's good but just has that feel. We ate in the Atlantic dining room every night! They wait on you hand and foot! The food was SO good! 24 hour pizza was good too! Loved the East Side Deli! Best Reubens I've ever had! LOVED the Coral Sea Cafe, I was missing my Lattes from Star Bucks so this was nice, They have these wonderful desserts you must try!! Be prepared to spend some money!!! But it's SO worth it!

We also spent a lot of our time on the Lido deck they always had a band out there and funny contest likes Fun Ship Survivor, Hairy Man Contest. If you don't like smoking and drinking I would say this IS NOT the ship for you! I could barely stand to be in the Casino due to the smoke! They do not allow smoking in the dining room.

Our room stewart was GREAT! Our room looked awesome every day and we loved the pillow animals every night! BE PREPARED TO BE DEPRESSED when you come home! It took me a week to get back in the swing of things! Your just in another world on these ships so if you have a chance to go DO IT! You will LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! We've already planned one for next June! HAPPY SAILING!

Publication Date: 06/23/04