Carnival Glory Cruise Review by booboo1964: Super Cruise in Western Caribbean.

booboo1964
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Super Cruise in Western Caribbean.

Sail Date: January 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My wife and I had previously cruised on the Carnival Ecstasy in 1995 on a 3 day cruise from Miami to Nassau, so that is all I have to compare this cruise to. There is absolutely no compassion at all, this was a fantastic cruise. The Glory is a wonderful ship, much larger than the Ecstasy. Well, here goes... We arrived in Port Canaveral one day early and stayed at the Radisson at the Port. Wonderful hotel, nice pool, breakfast included for a moderate price. We rode around Cocoa Beach and decided that if we come back we will probably pick an ocean front hotel next time. The Radisson was great, but it would be even better ocean front.

Saturday morning we woke up and got ready to go board. The Radisson offers a shuttle (free) but we opted for a cab (shuttle was full until 12:30). Called Cocoa beach Taxi and they picked us up at 11:15. took us to the port and we went through the embarkation process. Here is where Carnival was on the ball, we were on the Lido deck eating More lunch at 11:35, no kidding. Could not have been smoother. I went to find the free lemonade and tea and when I came back my wife had 2 bon voyage drinks at the table. Great. After lunch we walked around the ship trying to figure out where everything was, this is a large vessel. Until about 2:00pm when the opened up the rooms and we went to see our room. Were were on deck 8 in a balcony room, looked great. At night you could hear some noise from above, but it was not that noticeable. Met our room steward, Lawrence, he did a super job maintaining our room. We left port around 4:30pm and sailed off to Cozumel. All of our luggage arrived by 5:00pm. and we unpacked everything. We had asked for the early seating but were bumped to the late 8:15 seating, we decided to just roll with it and see how it went. Turned out to be good for us, we did not have to rush in the afternoon to get ready to eat by 6:00pm. Dinner every night was super, service was very good, food was good and dessert was better. The ship moved a little more than I expected, but it didn't bother us until about the 3rd night, when we both took a Bonine and that seemed to help.

There were great shows every night, but the best entertainment was in the bars, in my opinion. There was a group in the Ivory club called "Music Degree' that was great. There was a lady that sang in the lobby every night that was amazing, and the guy in the casino that wore sunglasses and played guitar was extremely talented. We would just go and sit and listen to any of these for hours. If there was any complaint it would be debarkation. Everybody seemed to want to get off at the same time, I don't think it was Carnival's problem, just trying to put 3000 people through customs at one time causes some issues. Can't wait to go again. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Verandah 8385

Great view, some noise from above (deck 9) near the Red sail restaurant.

Went cave tubing with cavetubing dot bz with Vitalino Reyes. Super trip, these guys made sure that everything we needed was taken care of. Super lunch. Made sure we got back to the port on time and safe. I'll go again next time we go to Belize.

Very nice port with the pool and bar on the beach. We did not go outside the port area. lots of shopping in the port area, if you are a good haggler, you can get some real deals.

Store owners here were very aggressive in my opinion, if I want to come in and look I will. But if you stand out by the sidewalk and try to get me to come in, there is no way I am going in, much less spending any money.
Read 3083 Cozumel Reviews