Carnival Glory Cruise Review by emmarose03: FANTASTIC TIME ON THE GLORY-WESTERN CARIBBEAN

emmarose03
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

FANTASTIC TIME ON THE GLORY-WESTERN CARIBBEAN

Sail Date: December 2008
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We did the New Year's cruise and just had a wonderful time. Embarking was easy, including having all our wine pass on through! Our cabin was just fantastic. We had an Aft balcony, which was huge! Every morning we had breakfast brought to our cabin which we would have out on the balcony and then each evening we would have a glass of wine on the balcony before dinner. It was very very nice. I would never cruise again without having a balcony.

The food was good, not always great, but very good. We especially enjoyed having sushi each evening. Our servers Manuel and Danny in the Platinum Room were very nice and fun.

New Year's Eve was soooo fun on the ship. So many people out on the Lido deck, dancing, partying and just having a great time.

We booked all of our own excursions and I am so glad we did! I did research on CruiseCritic.com and on the internet. It saved us money and we did not have to be in big crowds. Each port we did something a little different More and it was great.

One draw back to us was the lines getting off the ship. Getting back on did not seem to be a problem, but it always seemed that there were many people backed up onto the stairways just standing there waiting to get off. Sometimes it was very frustrating!

All in all it was a great time and would definitely recommend this ship and destination to everyone. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Upper 6442

GREAT CABIN!!!! GREAT BALCONY!!! GREAT CLOSETS!!! GREAT BED AND BEDDING!!! GREAT LOCATION!! NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT AT ALL!!!

Wow! This was an adventure! We did the cave tubing with Major Tom. Great, great time. Major Tom and his associates were very nice & informative & after seeing how cavetubing.com did their tour, I am very glad we booked Major Tom. I contacted him on the internet, paid when we arrived & they showed us a great time/tour. We had one tour guide to 5 people, whereas cavetubing.com had at least 10 - 15 per tour guide. They hook you up & pull/guide you through the water/caves. These large groups did not seem to get the attention we had. Also, as we were getting into the water a gentleman on the cavetubing.com asked his guide if life preservers were required & the guide stated "no"! After the tragic death this past fall, I feel that was very irresponsible. Our guides specifically told us that they were required. It was truly a great tour! Go with Major Tom if you are going to do the cave tubing.

This was our FAVORITE port! Yes, it still has destruction from the hurricane, but when we arrived at the resort we were going to, we were surrounded by beauty! We booked this online after reading a review here on CruiseCritic.com. I only found one review, but decided to call and check it out! Boy am I glad we did! We booked a snorkeling/lunch unlimited drinks package at Maya Palms. It was FANTASTIC! Doug and Kathryn are the owners and they made us feel like we were their personal guests for the day. We arrived and they showed us around, offered us drinks and brought out our chairs/tables/umbrellas onto their most PERFECT beach. The views were amazing. Their resort did get destruction from the hurricane, but they were about 80% done with the renovations. They have a great pool, beach front, nice buildings and a great area for dining. Clean and beautiful! They took us out snorkeling to a beautiful reef not far off of their beach front. The reef and fish were amazing. Such beauty. After snorkeling we had lunch and then a bit more time to lay in the sun. Again, Doug, Kathryn and their staff were just so friendly. I would 100% recommend this as an excursion. Google Maya Palms and book it yourself. The taxi ride there is a bit long (30 minutes on a bumpy road), but WELL worth it. Don't get discouraged as you are driving - you are going to be very happy with the resort. When Doug tells you to walk through the gate and get a yellow taxi, do what he says. We did not as it was a bit confusing. Don't stop and let the men try to get you to take an expensive van trip or listen to them about paying to get to a taxi in to town first. Keep walking through the taxi area, through the fence and there are the yellow taxis! Listen to what Doug says when you call! Again, fantastic, fantastic resort and beautiful beaches/snorkeling.

Cozumel was very nice. We took a cab on our own to Playa Mia All-Inclusive Resort. We were one of the first people there, paid when we arrived, got great lounge chairs and enjoyed the beautiful weather. My son did the jet ski, my husband did parasailing and my other son and girlfriend just enjoyed the water trampoline and other activities. Great massages were had by son and husband on the beach and the drinks were never ending if wanted! The place was clean, food good and water beautiful. Would definitely recommend just doing this on your own.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

We did not book an excursion in Nassau. We just got off the boat, walked around a bit, stopped at the Hilton and laid by their pool for a couple of hours (for a $20 fee). The hotel was very nice, chairs really comfortable and the pool bathrooms extremely clean. We then went to Senor Frogs for lunch. It was a fun place to have lunch. I know it is commercialized, but the people were fun and it was a great location being close to the straw market and the port. The straw market was very fun for me (wife)! I did get some great purses and had fun bargaining with the locals. After talking with our table mates who all had booked excursions through the ship (3 couples), I am very glad we did not try to do the any of them. I guess the transportation to all excursions was terrible and they felt they paid way too much money for what they received. All in all, Nassau was a very pretty, nice port.

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews