Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by AlBell509: Liberty of the Seas - Western Caribbean

AlBell509
Member Since 2008
2,150 Posts

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Liberty of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: September 2008

We had the best time ever!! It was me and my husband and our very close friends Bryndon & Lynette. This cruise was in celebration of me and my husbands 5 year anniversary.

Day 1- We flew from Westchester, NY to Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. Everything went very smoothly even finding transportation to get to port of Miami. I should say transportation found us; we were walking to baggage claim and some guy just said "You going to the port of Miami? I have a limo for you and your friends." We got to the port in no time, check in was a breeze, our friends never been on a cruise before, so we were especially excited. We walked on board got our pictures taken and walked into the Royal promenade, "amazing" was the word of the vacation! Everything was beautiful and huge and "amazing." So we went to check out the rooms, we had decorations in our room for our anniversary. (we had the promenade room highly recommended, you see everything going on.. rooms are small but we were hardly in them), More explored the ship so we could make sure we knew where we were going, made appointments at the spa, then had lunch at the windjammer. Explored some more, Then the time came to get back to the cabin for the drill, annoying but very funny, Lynette thought this was hilarious! The vests are huge and she couldn't stop laughing at how funny we all looked in them. The drill finished and we now had to get ready for dinner (oh before that we had a little luggage issue, the cabin attendant said they found a knife in out baggage.. turned out to be part of my anniversary gift from my husband, that they had to keep till the end of our cruise. It wasn't a knife...) So dinner was amazing, food every night was delicious! The sunset that night at dinner was sooo beautiful we had a table right next to the window! After dinner we went to trivia in the schooner bar where we meet our favorite cruise staff: Isolda, she was giving us heck for being late and kind of rude in a joking way but she couldn't help but come to love the loud group of New Yorkers! We went to all the different clubs but mostly danced every night to Salsa Magic at Boleros. OH! don't miss Karaoke! We laughed so much! Met our new Irish friends. Beautiful singers and beautiful people! (Here's to Kenneth, Stephen, Shamus, Mary, Theresa, and Eugene)

Day two- Day at sea. Woke up went to trivia, had breakfast at Windjammer. This was a nice slow day. Me and Jonathan got to do what we wanted, which consisted of swimming all day, oh and trying to find a sports bar that showed the Titans game.. sadly for Jon there wasn't one. We were already having the best time while we were laying in the real shallow part of the pool in the nice hot sun. I looked at Jon and said "This has been the vacation ever" As he agreed we laughed because this was only the second day of the cruise, we were barely on the ship for 24 hours! Then it was dinner, trivia, and more karaoke. Then to BED... The most comfortable beds ever!!!!

Day three- Labadee, Haiti. Labadee is beautiful! We had to get one the first tender out to Labadee, because Lynette and I had an appointment to get a beachside massage in a cabana! It was my first massage ever, and it was glorious! There was a little issue with the head rest but need less to say I feel asleep through the massage, then was gently woken by the sound of soft chime. It was AMAZING! Later on our husbands found us and the rest of the day we just lounged in the beautiful blue ocean, and did a little exploring. Highlight of Labadee, (for our hubbys) a topless women walking around. The food from the buffet was good. Chicken was delicious. Then it was time to head back to the ship. Later that night was 70's night, and honestly I really cant think of what we did, it ended up being just me and Jon walking around. Oh we saw the show Two funny guys and they are!! We recommend it!

Day four- Montego Bay, Jamaica. Jamaica was interesting. We got of the boat and headed to our bus we had the zip lining excursion. So as me and Jon walked to the bus a fight broke out between two women who happen to be tour guides, the other guides had to hold them back as one was yelling "your beneath me" over and over. This was just great because Jon wasn't too keen on getting off the boat in Jamaica. So seriously no more then a few seconds pass from the fight some guy came up to us and asked us if we wanted some "chronic, man." Jonathan and I just looked at each other and laughed. "Welcome to Jamaica" I said to him. All this excitement and we were still only in the port terminal thingy. We really had no idea what to expect for this excursion, As we drove through there was nothing beautiful to see, only until we got up higher in the mountains, the drivers there are scary and the road are ridiculously narrow. It was quiet an adventure! The people at our destination were awesome, funny, and very flirty! Zip lining was the scariest and most thrilling thing I think we have ever done! Jon is afraid of heights and I have to say he did awesome, I just never realized that I was as well! Well I guess anyone on a tiny platform way up high strapped on to a tree with 10-13 people on it would be also, right? The views though were AMAZING! The jungle is beautiful, but if you do this excursion bring bug spray ALOT of it! I had about 20 bites on my legs!! I was very happy to go back to the ship, and take a shower, after the bites and sweating like a horse. So got back on the boat and it was dinner time, we hadn't seen our friends all day we told them about our and they told us about theirs: really old really naked man, mean people at the shops, lesson to be learned, if you go to Montego Bay, do an excursion or just stay on the boat. Then we had dinner, played in the arcade, played mini golf, and Lynette and I had a one on one basketball game, in our dresses mind you. Later on was midnight buffet amazing, and dance party, lots of fun especially when a little asian man is dancing next to you copying all your moves! Then guys went off to play basketball and Lynette and I stayed in the hot tubs this is about 2am. As we went looking for the guys we found two people "doing it" right on the deck of the ship.. Lesson to be learned avoid dark areas of the boat really late at night where drunk people may lurk. Ha-ha. All in all it was a really funny day!

Day five- Georgetown, Grand Cayman. We really didn't do much this day. Got up late, went to the island, did some shopping got a lil tipsy at Margarita Ville. And that's about it, the water is beautiful here sooo blue! We ate a late lunch at Johnny Rockets, played some mini golf and watched the soccer competition. It was then time for dinner, saw the show In the Air, very beautiful show I guess it would be like a cirque du soleil show. Then went to the Liars Game Show, this was hilarious! Have to go see it! And then we went back to Karaoke, we (Lynette and I ) were going to perform but picking a song last minute was a task. Went swimming then off to bed we went.

Day six- Cozumel, Mexico!!!!! This was the best day yet! All 4 of us had the excursion: Snorkel and Beach Break deluxe. It was a cloudy day but as we rode on the boat to our spot to go snorkeling the sun came out, we were just amazed at how clear the water is here, soo beautiful. And the workers on the boat were amazing as well, offering us drinks like margaritas and coronas. If our cup was getting empty they were ready with another. As we stopped and got instructions for snorkeling I started to get scared, this was my first time, I have always had a fear of fish, thought this would be the best way to get over it. As everyone jumped off the boat into the water, I stayed behind and watched as these huge fish started to appear and swim near the people in the water. As the workers lowered a ladder in the water for those who couldn't jump off I gathered all the courage I had and went down the stairs into the ocean, holding...grasping Jonathan very close. I think I would have been calmer swimming in the water if there wasn't a little girl screaming and crying as she swam around. Before I could look down into the water I really needed to get calm, and brave, lol. Jon and Bryndon really didn't make it better for me because they would lift their heads of the water looking at each other with amazement. I knew they just saw some huge fish near by and this totally freaked me out. So finally Jon asked if he could let go of me and I could hang on to Lynette so they could go exploring on their own. So they did and im kind of glad for this because Lynette was awesome, she got me over my fear, telling "ok, there are no fish around go ahead look down." I got over it quickly as I looked to my right a saw a huge fish, an arms length away, from then on it was smooth swimming, and I loved it! It was so amazing and beautiful, and I was so proud of myself! Just as I got used to it and the guide started to take us over to the "wall" when the ocean floor drops to over hundreds of feet, it started to pour down rain on us, like a hurricane. So we all got on the boat and sailed back to Playa Mia, we had the most delicious Mexican food, and drinks (open bar), we went jet skiing, swimming (with a drink in hand) in a pool right on the sand, and this is where I cut my toe open, I guess one of the tiles in the pool broke and I sliced my toe right on it! It was then time to leave and the workers fixed up my toe in no time. We drank we sang and danced, all on the boat back to the port, we got off did some drunken shopping (my husband doesn't remember shopping ha-ha). And back on the boat, back to our rooms and fell asleep, we missed dinner, but woke up in time to play some Rock Band, and play Quest! This was soooo much fun!!! After Quest, they had the 80's dance party where my husband got up on stage and danced to some 80's Whitney song. WHAT A DAY!!!

Day seven- Last day, Day at Sea. Had breakfast in bed. Went shopping on the boat to get some last minute deals. Met up with Bryndon and Lynette did rock climbing, and the surf simulator, which I thought I would hate, but I actually loved it. Out of the four of us I was the first to get up on my knees on the board!! YEAH! Just played around all day. Didn't have dinner in the dining room, just got some pizza saw the variety show, me and Lynette did our performance for Karaoke "Man, I feel like a women." We had our short skirts and men's shirts on, yes we had costumes! LOL After we went to the Schooner bar with our new friends from Ireland and Jamie one of the cruise staff we got to know. We talked and listened to Max playing the piano, who ended up playing probably an hour or two over what he was suppose to, because we were such a good crowd. We sang songs one by one and said our goodbyes, trading emails and taking pictures. We walked around the ship as mostly everyone slept, we got the 3 am munches so we went for a slice of pizza where we met some of the people who went on the zip lining excursion with us, talked to them got to know them a bit, some other people we met from karaoke showed up and we just sat around till 5am talking. We tired to stay up all night but were so tired so we went to our room and slept for 2 hours, so we could get up at 7 and get off the ship! We actually did it, weren't late and un-boarded the ship very easily, there was a little bit of a wait but it was all good!! We really had an AMAZING time, this was truly one of the best vacations we have ever been on! And to share it with friends who are so great and don't get mad at little things was a wonderful thing too! Hope you all have as much fun as we did! See you on Oasis of the Seas in 2010! If you would like to see pictures I have a picture montage:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=7d7bd9a656ce91d353bf4b&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Promenade Stateroom Deck 6 6587

Small but perfect for sleeping, promenade room, quiet even though having the window looking out to Royal promenade