Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Metalman1: Southern Swing

Southern Swing

Sail Date: December 2008
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

DINING - We had one good meal in the dining room and one outstanding meal at the Normandie other than that the food on the Summit was below average. We felt the menu selection was not up to Celebrity Standards and the quality was poor. One evening I was served a shrimp cocktail which had 3 small mushy shrimp and all the portions were small. The food on the buffet was the worst I have ever seen on cruise ship from selection, presentation to quality.

PUBLIC ROOMS - All the public areas were well maintained and we enjoyed them.

CABINS - Overall the cabin was good but showed signs of wear and tear. The bed spread had a stain on it and was never changed and the shower had some mold but overall we were pleased with the cabin and it's layout.

ENTERTAINMENT - Was typical cruise ship entertainment and would rank it ok.

SHORE EXCURSIONS - We enjoyed all our excursions and had no problems, everything went smooth and they were well run.

SERVICE - This was More my biggest disappointment and the main area besides food that the Summit fell short on. On the positive our Cabin Attendant Glory, and two Pool bartenders Putu and Indra provided outstanding service and the staff at the Normandie was the BEST they did a great job. All other areas fell short of previous Celebrity cruises from the Officers, Senior Staff and most all the crew. They were pleasant but not friendly and I think it stems from the Officers and Senior Staff, I did not see a lot of happy people with smiles and they did not interact with the passengers and that sets the tone for the rest of the crew.

VALUE-FOR-MONEY - Celebrity has slipped and if they keep up this trend will be just another average cruise line.

RATES - For what we received on this cruise I feel we over paid and we did not appreciate paying full price and have Celebrity than reduce prices to LOCALS just to fill the ship, if that is going to be a policy we will find another cruise line to sail on. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 9102

CC CABIN 9102 - It was a nice cabin but could use some redoing, carpet needed cleaning and there was some mold in shower. Overall it was good I think the layout could have been better to utilize space, closet was tight.

(5.5)
Great island and port and nice people we will be going back.
Read 682 Aruba Reviews

Did not like the way the locals swarmed on you..
Read 356 Grenada Reviews