“Holiday Wonderland”

Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
From beginning to end, Uniworld was top quality all the way. I arrived early on the first day and was greeted with a lunch buffet, that was not on the itinerary, but was a pleasant surprise. My travelling companion had not arrived but I felt comfortable with the other guests and staff while I waited.

Ship: The ship was small and intimate. It was very clean and well kept.

People: Everyone felt like old friends, it was a good environment for people travelling alone or in a small group. There were seasoned and new travellers.

Staff: A terrific staff, very knowledgeable, helpful and accommodating. You didn't need to ask for anything, they could almost read your mind! The tour manager, Marcus on this one, was very organized and knowledgeable. The staff worked well as a team and you could tell they got along well. I was on this cruise over Christmas, they made so many efforts to make sure we had a great Christmas, even though they were the ones away from their families.

Food: Phenomenal. Breakfast and Lunch were buffets which were always fresh with a wide variety of western and European foods. Dinner was a 5-7 course meal every night. I am a fussy eater and I tried and loved foods I had never dreamed of! Wine was included with every meal as well.

Bar: The prices were reasonable, the staff was attentive but not pushy, the selection was vast. Entertainment: There was a regular performer who was played a variety of instruments, the only thing I wasn't crazy about was the songs were the usual wedding type songs, but then I realized after a few nights off the ship that this was the case in other bars too, must be a Europe thing! There were a few entertainers brought in that were interesting and very talented. I enjoyed the nights that we were able to go out to places off the ship too. The staff on the ship were able to direct us to great places!

Destinations: I think it goes without saying but they were terrific.

Tour guides: There were a variety of guides used, some were great, some were ok, but I definitely recommend going on the tours to get your historical background and to get a bit on inside information on the cities you visit.

Overall, a wonderful experience that I would recommend to a first time traveller and a seasoned traveller. This is a fabulous way to travel, unpack once but you get to visit a variety of countries. Uniworld is a top rate company who hires dedicated staff. I can't wait until my next trip!

River Queen Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s River Queen Review
River Queen Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?