Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by fatguy1965

Cabin Category: O1
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
An ugly end to a beautiful vacation.
Let me preface this with the fact that any bad day on a cruise ship is better than a good day at work and that I do not expect caviar at a popcorn price. We took 2 short cruises during this vacation (see my review of the Carnival Inspiration). My wife and I had cruised RCCL (Navigator) once before. This review is in comparison to our experience on this vacation only.

Embarkation - Everyone well dressed and looked professional. The woman helping us had no clue. If not for the guy beside her helping it would have taken forever.

Cabin - Roomy. Well kept. TV was terrible.

Food - Nothing special. VERY slow service at sit down meals. Buffet just OK. The unlimited soda was a joke. We waited almost 40 minutes for Diet Cokes. Unlimited soda only honored at one of several bars on private island. None even available on the last day. We dined with plenty of time prior to a show and had to get up and leave before we got dessert. It's not bad that the crew dines with the passengers but I had some cut in front of me in line, that's bad. Final breakfast and there were no glasses at 3 drink stations. Very disappointing when it comes to food and service.

Entertainment - Comedian was AWESOME! Leo the sing-a-long guitarist was equally awesome if not even more! These were the 2 highlight of the cruise. All other shows/events were cheesy at best. Almost as good as a high school class play.

Kid's Stuff - Very few kids participated. Mine were not interested.

Account - Did not post onboard credit until later. Had to ask for other onboard credit due. Crew member handling credit was pretty much a jerk. Be aware they raised service fees to $12 pp/pd and kids 4-12 no longer get a break.

Also, there was a strong sewage smell as you walked by restrooms. This is something I had not experienced on other cruises.

Disembarkation - Very smooth.

Personally, I would not recommend this cruiseline/cruiseship.

Publication Date: 01/12/09