“Glory New Years Cruise WOW!!!”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

brownsfan Carnival Glory 5 Glory New Years Cruise WOW!!!
brownsfan
Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I took a Princess Cruise to Alaska two years ago and we both thought that going on a Carnival Cruise with the kids (14 & 16) might be disappointing as compared to the Princess experience. I must tell you that the experience on the Glory exceeded our expectations. Our kids had a great time, and my wife and I truly enjoyed ourselves. We ate our breakfast and dinner in the dining rooms each day. The service was perfect and our food was very, very good. Our waiter at table 411 (Manuel) was so much fun. Our cabin was nice and roomy for 4 people and the cabin steward did a fabulous job of keeping our cabin in great shape. Spending New Years on the ship was a total blast for all of us. To see all of the guests and crew on the Lido deck partying and rocking to the music was incredible. When the ships horn BLASTED at midnight it was such a cool experience.

As far as excursions are concerned, I would forego booking them through the ship and doing them at the ports of call on your own. I suggest this ONLY IF you are comfortable not having things planned out ahead of time. Obviously not everyone is OK with this strategy but if you want to save money and are comfortable negotiating with the tour operators on the docks at the various ports of call you will be able to do the same activities that are offered on the ship at a much better price.

Down side items I would like to share with your are the deck lounge chairs on the ship. Let me tell you though this is not Carnival's fault but the rudeness of the other passengers on the ship. Carnival asks everyone not to "reserve" lounge chairs and states that if you are not using your chair for over 30 minutes someone may remove your items to allow other guests access to the lounges. It was amazing that EVERY morning all of the lounge chairs were taken and sadly to point out taken by someone's sandal or book. There were many people looking for lounges but unfortunately they were "reserved". The other down side was the supper club. The four of us had dinner in the supper club on New Years Eve. The food was good, the service was strange. I say this because we all felt that our servers were robots. There was no interaction, they served us and presented the food and they went through the motions. We all felt that we had better service in the main dining room every night. In the main dining room not once did I have to ask for my water glass to be refilled. My glass was often filled even before I put it back down on the table after taking a drink. In the supper club, all four of our water glasses sat empty until I had to ask, and then they were never refilled again. . It was not like the club was crowded or over booked. Strange very strange

Let me wrap up by saying that with the economy being in the dumps, Carnival realizes that Customer Service and Satisfaction are keys to their success. You will be pleased with this ship and her crew.

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

1108
Our cabin was great. The view was fabulous with floor to ceiling windows. The extra space in the family cabin helped with all four of us sharing a room.

Belize and we took a snorkeling excursion to the Barrier Reef via a boat which tendered right along side the cruise ship. The tendering process was very easy and organized. There was a point when the tendering had to stop due to a rain storm and the staff kept everyone informed.
Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Port
Cozumel which was nice but very touristy. Of course we did a little shopping in Cozumel. We felt very safe in the city walking the streets on our own.
Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Port
The four of us took a cab to Atlantis and spent the day there.
Read 4,128 Nassau Reviews
Published 01/10/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?