Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by kellikatie: Cruise great, cabin lacking!

kellikatie
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruise great, cabin lacking!

Sail Date: December 2008

We cruise once a year. This was the first with our teenage granddaughter. What a beautiful ship, huge! Embarking was a breeze. As we were tired and hungry, we immediately headed for the Windjammer cafe. It was so crowded, the food almost gone, no tables to sit. Not a good start.

As we got settled in and evening approached, we waited for the cabin stewart to make up the couch for our granddaughter. To our surprise, the couch did not open, but instead a bed was opened up from the wall, right on top of our bed! It was very small, too small for a teen. The ladder prevented anyone from getting in and out of bed except by crawling across the other person. My granddaughter fell off the ladder one night getting out of bed to use the bathroom, cut her head open. As the cabin steward left the bed down all week, my husband and I bumped our heads on it many times. Never again!

As the week progressed, we found the shows to be excellent, the food good. We also enjoyed the More entertainment provided by the waiters and chefs in Leonardo's restaurant. They sang for us several times, and were very friendly and accommodating, they made dinner a true joy! We also appreciated the special salad station at lunch each day.

Our granddaughter enjoyed ice skating, the flowrider, mini golf, and the Club where she made many friends.

Disembarking was also very well planned and went fast. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Deck 6 7592

This was the smallest cabin we have ever been in. Our 15 year old grandaughter's bunk pulled out from the wall right OVER top of our bed. It was too small for a teen, and being right over our heads, was noisy everytime she moved. The ladder prevented my husband from getting out of bed on his side, he had to climb over me. Our grandaughter fell off the ladder in the middle of the night, getting up to use bathroom in the dark. I am claustrophobic, and this closed in arrangement caused much anxiety for me. As this bed was left down all the time, there were several times that we bumped our heads on the bed above us, just sitting on the bed. The sleeping arrangements ruined an otherwise wonderful cruise. Unfortunately, I assumed the couch opened out into a bed, no one told me otherwise. In addition, the hallway was so small, the bathroom, closet and outside door hit together. Never again RCCL!