Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Lone_Warrior: Oh Glory. We miss U!

Lone_Warrior
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Oh Glory. We miss U!

Sail Date: December 2008
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Well, I'm sad to report that our New Year's cruise is now over. I woke up the first post-cruise morning depressed because I couldn't find the buffet ;) But seriously, my family and I loved our 7 nights on the Glory and it started with the service.

Embarkation was painless. They broke up the lines in two sections, by cabins and we were one of the first ones to board the ship from our section, at about 11:30AM. We had to wait until 1:30 to access our cabin, but it was no big deal, since we were exploring the ship. And what a ship she is!

Muster drill was nothing special but basically the life-jackets in your room have a letter on them and you have to go to that section. This is mandatory.

The ship is very large but the staff kept it clean. Crew members were always moving and working from cleaning up your plates, to answering questions. The cabin was nice and clean, it had a balcony, there were a couple stains on the carpet but very hard to see. We will More definitely bring a power strip next time as there is only one outlet we could find. Our beds were extremely comfortable.

The Lido deck was our favorite place to be for food and more food. The food in the buffet was surprising good. They had Italian, Mexican, American, and Oriental cuisine for your heart's delight. The pizza was also delightful available 24 hours /day. We had the best experience in the Platinum dining room, with our waiters Ali and Vaughn. They extended great quality and service to us and our princess.

They shows were above average. My DD loved the illusionist, but they also had two very good comedians, a Motown singer from New Orleans, a Rockn Roll show, and a Legends show where your fellow cruisers get to audition to sing on stage. All very well done with good lights and technicians. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Upper 6264

I liked this cabin. It was basically in the middle of the ship. It had a great balcony with a great view, but the hallway was a bit noisy. I think we were across the space where the crew gathered the towels so there was a lot of crew traffic. The bathroom was small but well-spaced out. We had just enough room for our clothes in the closets.

There was a delay to tender to Belize because of rough waters and rain. We got to the Belize shore at about 10AM. Yhony and cave-tubing.com were there waiting for us for our cave tubing adventure. The bus ride to the tubing site was about 45 minutes. The guide gave us history and tidbits of info as we rode through Belize. The walk to the caves is about 20-30 minutes but not dangerous and very informative. They guides carried the tubes for my DW and DD. Tubing through the caves was fun as our tour guide spoke of ancient Mayan legends and myths. I got to jump off a cliff and land in the river, fun times.

We were lucky to have beautiful weather when we stopped in Costa Maya. We took a short 10 minute cab ride to the nearest beach and sat in a beautiful spot with an umbrella and two beach chairs. I enjoyed several Coronas and we ate chips n guacamole. We ended up walking back to the port instead of taking a taxi, but there comes a point where you have to take a taxi because there is a wall that separates the private port section from the public beach.

(5.5)
We did the Dolphin Adventure in Chankanaab Park. This was probably the most memorable excursion we took. We took a 10 minute taxi ride from Puerta Maya to Chankanaab Park. They checked our reservations for the dolphin swim (prepaid) and gave us a bracelet to enter the park.

Our swim was supposed to be for 1pm, but I guess there were some openings and they pushed us up to 11Am. They grouped us and took us to meet our dolphin. We did the boogie-board push, dolphin kiss & hug, and belly ride. Everything was fun. My 8 year old DD loved our dolphin Tatich. We stayed in the park for a while and ate delicious steak tacos and some chips n guacamole.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

It took a very long time to get to Paradise Beach in the Bahamas. We didn't get clearance to let passengers off until about 10:15 and there was a huge line backed up to Deck 3. By the time we took the ferry ride to Paradise Island and walked to the public beach, it was about 11:30. We walked through Atlantis to get to the public beach. Atlantis was huge and gorgeous, looking very clean and tropical. We couldn't get in the water because there were about 6 foot swells. However, a very determined Bahamian gave a me an all-you-can-drink deal for $15. Basically, I could refill my coconut as many times as I wanted and made Bahama Mamas and Pina Coladas several times.

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews