MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by apopkatravelbeth: NEW YEARS CRUISE TO NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
Member Since 2009
Compare Prices on MSC Orchestra Bahamas Cruises
NEW YEARS CRUISE TO NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
The trip was a TOTAL 100% disappointment to everyone. Following are the troubles we encountered:
1. arrived at port 1:45 P.....got checked in and onboard ship at 545P. No organization /crowd control . No-one from MSC came out to explain what was going on until 5P. MSC never offered a drink or restroom to the crowd. Forklift drivers threatened to run over guests. Broward County Sheriff Dept officers were rude and pushy.
2. went to pool bar at 6P for a cocktail....bartenders ignored everyone....we had to beg to get a drink. The bar was not busy....maybe 7 people were there.....we were 5 of them.
3. went to buffet on pool deck at 615P for a snack....food was over cooked and very little of it. Decided to drink instead.
4. went back to table by pool...was approached by a waitress for drink orders. She did not understand a word of english...and didn't really try. She took our drink orders and came back with drinks. When one of More the party tasted her drink it was not what she ordered. She ordered a crown and 7....it came to her as a crown and sour. When she told the waitress it was wrong ...she told the guest that if she didn't like...she needed to go to the bar herself and have it fixed.
5. same waitress came back later and I ordered a glass of water....she brought it back and proceeded to sit it on the other side of the table...out of my reach. Another waitress came over and picked up the glass and gave it to me. She was the ONLY wait staff that was nice the entire 3 days.
6. we went to late dinner....our table ordered iced tea and got it....our other party of 6 had another waiter ...when they asked for tea...they were told he was to busy...couldn't get any tea. Food was delivered and was not good...noone at our table was satisfied with anything except for the bread and butter. One guest sent her food back and asked for the "every night" steak and was told by the waiter they didn't have a steak....another guest at the table was just served one. She left the table with NO dinner served to her.
7. After dinner we visited many of the bars onboard. Never received the same type of glass 1 time for a margarita. Many times we were told that they did not have the beer we ordered...when the guest beside us got one. No of the bars had any limes. Never once was a wait staff happy and smiling. Never did the wait staff ask us if we would like something....we always had to beg for a drink.
8. Went to try and find a snack at midnight....no such thing . No restaurants open. Found a bar offering sandwiches...which were not good at all....mostly bread and a think slice of meat.
9. Have yet to see our room steward.
10. ordered room service at 2am...we were starving. 1 1/2hrs later they delivered ...once again....a bad sandwich.
11. ordered breakfast room service....nothing hot available. Bread again....man can not live on bread alone. People at receptionist desk that answered phone were not pleasant either.
12. Agent at receptionist desk told a guest to "Shut up".
13. disembarked at Nassau and asked the MSC agent that let us off what we needed to board and she replied "I Don't Know" we asked did we only need boarding pass from MSC...or did we also need ID...she replied" I Don't know" we asked if she could find out and she replied" NO"....and to ask someone that was outside the ship !!! Unbelievable ....she was not interested finding out for us. At breakfast before disembarkment one of our group had to drink her orange juice from a bowl because there were no cups.
14. NASSAU WAS WONDERFUL....WENT TO BREEZES AND GOT THE TREATMENT WE EXPECTED FROM THE CRUISE STAFF.....STAFF AT BREEZES WERE SO FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL...AND ALWAYS MADE US FEEL LIKE WE WERE THE GUESTS !!!!
15. AARRGGHH...had to reboard the Orchestra for the remainder of the trip from hell. Yes we needed an ID besides the MSC boarding pass to get to the cruise ships off the island. Good thing we had them.
16. Went to cabin to change clothes....still haven't seen a room steward. Finally figured out how to turn on lights...since there was never a room steward to explain....after trying to call 99 for 1 hour for service we finally decided to use the light from the bathroom for the 1st day.
17. back to the dining room for the last nights dinner. No better than the 1st. Could not get coffee served because our waiter was too busy. Food once again over cooked....never offered a second serving of bread...which was the best thing to eat. Forget dessert....we didn't have all night to wait....and besides heard from others it was not worth it. This if the 1st cruise every that everyone actually lost weight. We looked for food later...but never found any. Called room service but was told it was too late ...we would have to wait for breakfast.
18. My roommate and me both had our c/c scanned at the port in FLL and signed for them. On the first night we both had our charges show up on the TV correct...then next night everything had been transferred to one credit card....when I called for help...they told me that I did not have my credit card scanned at that I would have to go to the Shaker lounge at 6a to have it fixed. I still have a copy of the receipt from check in where I signed to have everything charged to.
19. Disembarkment was just like the trying to board. Unorganized Chaos....2000 people just trying to get off this miserable ship. They turned to air either off or up to 80....people were butting in front of others just to try and leave.
19. Finally make it to the door ...my roommate gives the MSC staff his boarding pass for disembarkment and was told he had to go to the shaker lounge and have his c/c scanned.....we had both done this in FLL and signed a receipt ...(see #18)...seriously can anything else go WRONG !!! He goes to the shaker lounge as instructed to have his c/c scanned AGAIN....waits in line for 30 min...they charge him 2 times...so yes I guess something can go wrong again. Another 10 minutes to figure out how to reverse a charge he waits. Finally has to make his way through the crowd to the exit again.
20. Customs agents and FLL pier employees were very friendly and could not believe that "everyone" that got off the Orchestra had the same complaints. One pier employee said he had worked there for 11 years and had never heard of such a bad experience.
The ship itself was beautiful....too bad the staff made the cruise such a terrible experience. Less
Read more MSC Orchestra cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Orchestra Review >>
Compare Prices on MSC Orchestra Bahamas Cruises
Cabin review: MSC Orchestra