Carnival Valor Cruise Review by chiaradonnagirl126: Honeymoon from Heaven!

chiaradonnagirl126
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Honeymoon from Heaven!

Sail Date: December 2008

Embarkation: We boarded in Miami,I had never been there before, as this was our first cruise, it seemed very very clean, and organized. We took the shuttle through Carnival from Miami int. airport. and it was easy enough as they did everything for us. We labeled our tags before we left hoping that our luggage would be delivered semi quickly.

Boarding the ship was fun, the atrium is incredible.... staircase and detail on everything was beautiful and intricate something that took a lot of planning. and you could tell everything was well maintained and cleaned on a regular basis. we each had a carry on bag, so we had to lug these around for a little while, we went right up to our deck to see if we could access our room, sadly we could not! So we went to lunch at Rosies..... very nice buffet we had split commentary on this but we enjoyed it! After lunch we walked the ship a little headed back to the room and it was done by about 1. which was nice because we went in and unpacked More out travel bags, set up shop a little bit, laid down and took a nap (We got married on 12/6 and sailed on 12/7) we we exhausted as we hadn't slept since Friday night, we snoozed till about 430 when we were going to go upstairs, we opened our door, and our luggage was there we unpacked and sat on the balcony which was right under the lido deck, we could hear all of the music! We didn't need to go back upstairs, we laid back down snoozed a little longer, woke up and went to dinner, we booked a couples massage as this was a wedding present we enjoyed it, but it was a little rough for me, Deep tissue I guess.... They sold us $100.00 lotion and oil, not worth it be careful they trick you into it.... DONT DO IT! we planned ours for in port day, roatan which we weren't originally planning on getting off we decided too however see below,

We got off at all four locations. The ship overall was fantastic, the food, drinks, movies everything was fantastic! Be aware that we had a blast watching the movies on lido deck every night. They were up to date movies and we had a blast doing that, we ate everything in the dining room and it was wonderful I loved the warm chocolate melting cake that was my favorite!!!! EAT IT ALL!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Verandah 8335

nice location mid ship! perfect for your lido deck lovers close to the mid ship elevators! The shower clothes line didnt work but other than that it was a roomy room!!!

Our water tour was canceled and we did a behind the scenes island tour.... DISGUSTING I have heard some very nice things about Belize, sadly I didn't see any Nice things about this island, I got some shot glasses but thats about all I took back, All in all I have heard nice things so I might try it again but most likely not!

(5.5)
For an island that has 100% revenue from its tourists they do a fantastic job! We had the horseback riding in the Mayan Riviera planned, my dh had a terrible time and will never ride horses again but I had fun, it was a good day something we wont do ever again only because it was so different. An Adventure the tour was beautiful and the island is wonderful we stopped and had lunch at the 3 amigos and the drinks were HUGE worth every dollar or in this case peso! And we had an appetizer and some fajitas everything was delish it was a nice day out and we enjoyed it very much!!! We will return!
Read 3119 Cozumel Reviews

We did the Hell, Turtle Farm, Sting Ray City tour, It was great we had a fantastic time! I enjoyed it very much. Each stop was fun and beautiful the weather was great our tour directors were nice, and everything ran smoothly! We did like Stingray City the most Next time we go there we will go again to Sting Ray City!!!! The island was overall fantastic! I loved it! clean and friendly the law is strictly enforced and it had some great great shopping!!!

We had a Coral Cay beach day that was very nice but the island itself is very dirty, poor and overall a waste of time, on the beach I clearly encountered sand fleas because I had bites all over me! It wasnt fun, they werent regular bug bites, they were like bugs on steroids!!! you couldnt see them but when we got back on board the ship I showered right away and the red dots showed up within minutes! I wouldnt select this port again! It was scary there were men walking the streets with machetti's I didnt feel safe at all!
Read 1649 Roatan Reviews