MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by Aicilies

MSC Orchestra
Member Name: Aicilies
Cruise Date: January 2008
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: MSC Orchestra Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Orchestra Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Orchestra Deck Plans
A PRISON! RUN AWAY! NIGHTMARE!
I have never felt so mistreated and confined in my entire life.

First off, the computers malfunctioned. I arrived at the port at 11:00 AM and did not board the ship until 5:30 PM. The ship did not leave the port until 8:00 PM.

I had not eaten since 7:00 AM. So I head straight for the buffet. The food was terrible quality, I consider Chef Boyardee top notch compared to this mess. Complaining was all I heard such as "I can already tell I'm going to lose weight on this cruise!". After wards I tried to move my dinner from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. One problem. NO ONE SPOKE ENGLISH. All they could say is "Upstairs" and "Downstairs". I ran in circles for 30 minutes. The few people who could speak some English (very broken) were horrid and full of attitude. Hospitality does not exist on this cruise.

The Staff are all the same. No one is distinguished from one another. So I had no one to go to for any guidance. When I tried to ask for a supervisor all I got were blank faces. All I wanted to do was change my dinner time.

Later that night (10:00 PM) I was starving. As everyone else was. There is no food after 9:00 PM on the cruise. Nor water. I tried calling room service but it was busy for hours. At 12:00 AM I got through and put in a order. It should have arrived an hour later. It never arrived. I stood up until 6:00 AM waiting.

To try and kill time I went to the arcade. The machines do not take American money.

The toilet in my room broke twice. The sheets were dirty. The bed was two twins put together so it was very uncomfortable. There was dust everywhere so my allergies were acting up which is unusual for me.

The sit down dinner the following night was unpleasant. The waiter could not speak English. He did not ask how my should be steak was cooked. He gave me the wrong order. The food I got... I wouldn't feed it to my dogs. Undercooked meat, clear soup which could be mistaken for water and some rice... Later on he gave water with no ice and when I asked for more water and ice, guess what I got, nothing. I walked out early.

The entertainment? Non-existent. There was one show which my high school theater class could have out shined with little effort. I walked out early.

I don't mind spending the extra money but on every other cruise ice cream, juice, and soda was included. In all honesty I found this extra effort to be the only enjoyable aspects of the cruise.

My boyfriend took a bite of undercooked pizza that night and was throwing up all night. It was a horrible experience... Isn't this supposed to be an Italian cruise? I'd at least expect the pizza to be cooked properly! Is there any pride on this cruise? Culture? Friendliness? It's absolutely unheard of! Shame on the staff!

The worst part was trying to leave the cruise. There was no organization. It was a free for all for everyone. The air was turned off and every one of us was packed like sardines for hours. The sweating, the BO, the RUDE UNACCOMMODATING STAFF, was atrocious!

People began fighting one another. At one point all I heard was swearing and screaming. The handicapped were not given first priority, so they were being stepped all over and I was being run over! I was being pushed and shoved for three hours, just to get off of the ship. It began to feel as if we were all forgotten about. No one tried to help and organize us. They allowed all of us to panic. It was a nightmare.

No food, no water, no cleanliness, no help, no English, no service, no entertainment...

Please, do not ever cruise this line. I would not wish this experience on my worst enemy. This is out of the kindness of my heart, please avoid yourself this monstrosity.

Publication Date: 01/04/09