Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Keith

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

I will start off with embarkation, it was fast because my wife and I got there early, and I would suggest getting there early, as they will let you on board before the posted time.

We have cruised with carnival before one other time and this was the worst service we have received on any cruise line, the last carnival cruise we took was the Conquest in 2003 and it was excellent and it was the same size ship and class as the Glory. The attitude of the crew on the Glory was poor and most of the crew were very unfriendly and acted inconvenienced with any questions or request, and this is terrible considering the fact that service is a huge part of what makes a cruise vacation so special. The horrible attitude of the staff is what really made this cruise awful. I would not recommend the Glory to anyone looking for an excellent cruise vacation and value.

The food was just "OK" really, not bad but not excellent either. The premium dining facility is directly below the basketball goal so it is sort of loud and you can hear the ball bouncing and the goal vibrating as people are playing basketball while you have just spent an extra 25 dollars per person for what you "think" will be a romantic gourmet dinner. This having been said, I also cannot recommend the premium dinning facility for the extra charge.

The ship was clean and seemed as well kept as the Conquest. My state room was an ocean view state room and it was nice and spacious.

The entertainment was just "OK" that's about all I can say about the entertainment.

The debarkation was a nightmare and I would not recommend the self assist as everyone has the same idea of carrying their own bags off the ship for a quick exit. It will not be quick I can assure you. Everyone has the same idea as you will I promise. I would suggest asking carnival some questions regarding debarkation if you choose the take this ship.

In closing, I cannot recommend the Carnival Glory because of how bad the service was. The ship and food, entertainment etc...was acceptable but the service was quite unacceptable and will make any cruise a bad experience.

Publication Date: 06/14/04