Carnival Pride Cruise Review by portishead_22

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera Cruise
We went on the Carnival Pride on Dec 7th, 2008 for our honeymoon. I was amazed! I had been on a cruise about 10 years ago, and it was a low priced internet deal. The cruise about 10 years ago really had a budget feel, and overall it wasn't that good. The Carnival Pride however, was amazing. The ship was very new, very well taken care of, attractive and comfortable, and the ocean view rooms were a good size. I had the obstructed ocean view room, and at first was a little cautious because I thought a boat was going to be smack dab in the middle of the view, but there are two boats outside of your deck at about floor level. It blocks a very small portion of the bottom of your view, but there is about 85% of the view that is NOT blocked! I actually think it wouldn't be worth paying more for an unobstructed ocean view when obstructed ocean view is perfectly fine. Me and my wife had fun lounging in our chairs on the deck, just looking at the waves or eating a meal there.

For the food, the quality is good, but they try to make fancy foods even at the casual buffets. I thought the effort and quality was very good, but the taste is okay at the buffets. For the formal restaurant, and the top pay formal restaurant, the taste is very good. I got the duck dinner, the filet mignon and braised shortrib dinner, and various lunches at the nice normandie restaurant. They taste very good, even the burgers are pretty good. I would say only go out of your way to get the prize dinners at normandie, such as ribs, filet mignon, etc. The pizza bar was excellent (I thought the best taste out of all of the ships food), and they also had free ice cream and non fat yogurt machines with bowls and ice cream cones all over the ship. Those were great:)

For the entertainment and things to do on the ship, they keep you very busy (if you want to be) with many activities and things going on all the time. The main stage is really nice where they have all of their main shows. For the crew, the service is exceptional, I have never gone anywhere where everyone went out of their way to be so nice. The people cleaning our room (there were two) remembered us by name, and every night they made us animals out of towels on our bed. The waiter at normandie restaurant was outstanding, and probably one of the best waiters we have ever had...ever. The service at the buffet was very efficient, they made sure all of the food was fully stocked and properly prepared during serving hours.

The picture stations they have are very nice that they have on the ship, but the pictures are a rip off. Full size pictures are $21.99, and medium are like $8.99. I would suggest only buying some of these. Lastly, we went on the dolphin excursion in Mazatlan, and it was fantastic, but the pictures are one for $25, or 8 for $99, and you are not allowed to take pictures, so watch for that. I highly recommend this cruise!

Publication Date: 12/18/08