Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by UpstateJill: didn't experience the same disappointment as other reviewers

UpstateJill
0 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Western Caribbean Cruises

didn't experience the same disappointment as other reviewers

Sail Date: December 2008

Yes, we missed Cozumel. Yes, Nassau is bustling and chaotic. There were late departures and room service food could have been hotter. But we found the Infinity to be a floating respite from our daily grind in chilly NY state.

We do not care for buffet dining, so we preferred to eat in the Trellis for breakfast. No shortage of coffee there. We ate lunch at El Meson de Pepe and at A & B Seafood House, both in Key West. We don't mind buying a meal or 2 off ship, if that's what we want to do. About the previous posters, do you really expect hot french fries from room service? Do you really want that tacky Baked Alaska Parade?? No, my husband and I don't particularly like chatting it up with complaining passengers at mealtimes. The food in the Trellis for dinner was very nice. I enjoyed my halibut entree and the oysters rockefeller appetizer.

We loved the Aqua Spa in the evening. It was usually empty. We had the hottubs and warm pool to ourselves. I sat in the sauna More one night and had a peaceful sweat watching the waves below.

We enjoyed sitting "above poolside" on Deck 11. Too bad they ran out of mint for mojitos, but we managed. We really enjoyed the Brazilian bands that played. I was expecting reggae and calypso, but pleasantly surprised with Bossa Nova.

We enjoyed the SS United States dining room. They go a little overboard with the "and a lovely sauce madame," " and a lovely duck breast, sir," and presenting each plate simultaneously. The filet mignon had a funny texture to it that I can't really define. Frozen? treated with something? I don't know. Lobster Bisque was unspectacular. Other than those things, the dinner was delightful. The atmosphere was pleasant, no aforementioned complaining tablemates. The service was very attentive. The cheese course was abundant with delicious French cheeses. You could roll around in the Roquefort, it was so ripe and creamy. Desserts were fantastic. Chocolate souffle was lovely and Zabaglione prepared tableside was a treat.

One funny thing. If you want "Cafe au Lait," be careful when ordering at Cova. They have a signature coffee called "Cafe Ole," served in a wine glass, laced with alcohol and topped with whipped cream. We found this little mix up humorous, the author of the cafe ole drink possibly not anticipating patrons desiring cafe au lait???

I had the best manicure ever from Shauna from Jamaica in the Spa. And Amanda from Ireland gave me a sweet updo for formal night.

And finally, our cabin stewart, Jason couldn't have been nicer. We asked for ice on the first day to keep wine cold and he brought it to us every day thereafter. He responded when we asked for things and the room was kept very tidy. We'll be back. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity 9090

nice location, enjoyed the veranda