Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Nin@

Embarkation: Barbados
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8a
Service Not Rated

Not as good as i'd hoped
We joined the Carnival Victory in Barbados as part of a Stay and Cruise. We had no problems joining the ship, and was quickly shown to our cabin, which was lovely and clean on arrival and we were impressed with the size of it.

The ship was in immaculate order and very clean, staff worked around the clock to keep it that way too.

I have to say that we were very disappointed with our cabin service, we had friends onboard down the hall from us who received far better service than we did, infact I had to complain after our room hadn't been serviced for 2 days! even then they never replenished bottled water etc.

On the point of the balcony lights, they aren't allowed to be on when the ship is sailing, we asked the question!!

we had the second sitting and had wonderful service every breakfast time and at the evening meal. The food was very good to although I do have food intolerances so was limited to what I could have on the menu. The waiters put on small shows for the guests which was fun.

I have to say the buffet area was the worst part for us, basically it was like a cattle market! and considering there was so much food, you would think it was in short supply the way people piled their plates high with food and then left half of it, to be honest we found it all disgusting and very off putting!

We docked at Puerto Rico on the Sunday and to be honest it was a total waste of a day, the whole ship shuts down and everyone had to disembark and go through immigration regardless of who you are or what part of the cruise you're on, if i did a cruise again I would try and ensure Puerto Rico wasn't a stop!

The entertainment wasn't great to be honest, I cruised many years ago and the standard was far better back then! there was a Chinese lady that sang in various bar areas and was very good bless her.

I agree with the Captains Cocktail party, although we did have more than 1 drink, he made no effort to speak to anyone and you could tell he really didn't want to be there! I know he has to do it many many times, but hey it's what he gets paid to do!

We visited St Lucia, Antigua, St Kitts, Puerto Rico St Thomas and Dominica, we didn't do any "ship booked" tours but relied on the tour guides that are crowding to meet you off the ships, and we paid an awful lot less than those who booked on board!we had great fun with all of the guides and they were real value for money.

Would I go with Carnival Victory again? hmm difficult one, whilst we had the holiday of a life time, I definitely think there are better cruise lines to go with out there by what we've heard from more seasoned cruisers. Certain parts of it were like a "Butlins" holiday camp, and to be honest I paid far too much money for that kind of holiday!

Publication Date: 12/10/08
More Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Victory review Read the next Carnival Victory review

More Carnival Victory Reviews
Better
Time for a change
First cruise was a success!

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews