Eurodam Cruise Review by rnnyce

Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Eurodam Rocks!!!!
We (5 of us-parents-67 and 69, husband 41, friend 40 and myself-42. We have all sailed previously on Holland America-Zuiderdam, Maasdam, Noordam, Westerdam-old one- as well as other cruise lines-Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Princess. As I prepared for the cruise, of course I reviewed the boards and previous reviews on the board and was quite apprehensive about the Eurodam. I found my concerns to be unfounded, the cruise was great, staff, as always, professional and friendly and the ships is the most beautiful in the fleet!

We flew down to Fort Lauderdale the day of sailing uncomplicated-Newark, NJ to Fort Lauderdale. Transferred to the ship in 20 minutes and right on board. NO Waiting! Right to our cabins to drop off our stuff, met our cabin steward, Ronal, slipped him some cash and made some requests-ashtray for my husband and friend, ice, more water in the fridge, etc-and then off to the Lido for lunch. By the way, all requests were filled upon our return to our room-cash always helps! We had adjoining rooms and the barrier between the verandas was removed prior to our arrival-way to think ahead.

We found, as before, that the food in the Lido is as good as anywhere else on the ship. We ran into Burt Reynolds-Assistant in the Dining Room and on the Lido for breakfast and lunch. We had met him previously from the Noordam. He actually remembered my husband and my father.

Explored the ship, took pictures and then off to the life boat drill. As always, people are late and complaining-get over it. Took 20-30 minutes and then done. I love when people complain about the life boat drill-it's about their safety!!

We had early seating 5:45pm in the main dining room. Table 65 with Supri as our waiter-he was excellent. Prompt, attentive, friendly. Lito was our Wine Steward, who was as good as Supri. After the first night, there was always iced tea on the table and a beer for my father. No request was too big or too small. We also took our own wine to dinner on two occasions and it was not an issue. The food was excellent. One issue with one lobster tail, not fully cooked, but the other nights the food was delicious. Desserts were just as good-great variety. We only ate dinner in the dining room, breakfast and lunch was either room service or Lido. We did not eat in the Pinnacle or Tamarind, but people we met who did, said the food was excellent. We also met many who had As you Wish dining and really found it to be easy, without waiting.

The Ocean Bar became our hang out after dinner. Edwin, Rommer and Arn were always there with a great smile and good drinks. Try the Tropical Cable Car-it became one of our favorites. The band in the Ocean Bar- trio- was good. Sorry, I forgot their name. The casino was good to us as well-my husband loves to play black jack and poker, both were available. Did 2 of the shows. Good, cruise type entertainment. On Wednesday, we signed up for the Pub Crawl, what a great night. We started in the Crow's Nest-had Long Island Iced Teas, then to the Silk Den Lounge-The Black Pearl, then the Pinnacle Bar for Margaritas and finishing up at the Northern Lights for Mint Mojitos. We had a great time and met lots of the entertainment staff and fun passengers as well. We would definitely do this again!

Publication Date: 12/08/08