Carnival Valor 2

“Carnival Valor just okay”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

TanDin

Overall Member Rating

My husband and I returned from being on the Valor 11/23/08-11/30/08. All I can say is the trip was just average. This sailing had way-way to many uncontrolled kids running around. Kids knocking on doors and running away in the middle of the night among other issue I won't go into.

Food was alright. The menu at the main dinner seating was ok-nothing special.

The ports of call Belize, Honduras, Cozumel & Grand Cayman. In Belize you dock so far away you can barely see land. I never set foot on the main land due to a shore excursion taking most of the day. Honduras is not ready for tourism quite yet-kinda boring not much to see. Cozumel was fun and Grand Cayman is similar to Cozumel.

The main problem we had was our cabin was right above the disco which had the speakers mounted on the ceiling below. Because of this loud music and the bass that goes with it could be heard from our cabin. So loud to the point we could not even hear the t.v. We complained to More the information desk and they could really care less. Needless to say we did not get our much needed rest and relaxation that we were so looking for.

After a few days the sick got kinda boring and not much to see or do. Not as many activities to do like other cruise lines. The few pools that they have are very small and taken over by kids. I found myself sitting in the back of the ship where it was quieter and less crazy.

All in all it was an ok trip. Nothing fancy. Because of this experience I don't think I will be taking a cruise (or at least with Carnival) for a very very very long time. Sea sickness really set in for me. Less

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: November 2008
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

Hallway way to noisey. Music from the disco below our cabin was way to loud.

Published 12/05/08

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?