Carnival Glory Cruise Review by lash: Carnival Glory by lash

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory by lash

Sail Date: November 2008
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I had been looking forward to this cruise for 6 months. We had cruised before and we have to say the boarding process was so quick and easy. I think the parking fee of $130 is a little steep. It did not take long for our suitcases to get to our room. When I booked the room it specified that there were twin beds that could not be converted to a king. To our delight and surprise, the beds had been made into a king before we arrived. We had an end room on the 10th floor and it was very spacious. The bathroom was really roomy as well.

I will say that the ship was swaying back and forth the entire 7 days. The seas were rough and I had to take dramamine daily. Our cabin drawers would open and close as the ship rocked during the night! It's been over a weeks since we've been home and I'm still swaying and taking dramamine. I hope I start feeling better again soon!

The boat was very clean but it could use a little updating. My husband and I said it was like More the myrtle beach of cruise lines. The ship is designed really poorly. It is not easy getting around. I also think if didn't allow so much smoking on the ship the fabrics would not be so dingy looking. For us the smoking was a problem. We had to walk down a corridor to get to our room at the end of the hall and smoke from the rooms were awful. I was surprised to find out you could smoke in some of the cabins! We couldn't even go into the casino the smoke was so bad! Which was not a bad thing since we would have only lost money.

I was not impressed with the shops on board. Everything was really overpriced and I think ship was much smaller than the one we previously traveled on with Royal Caribbean.

Do not pay $38 for a drink card! It's not worth it. We saw some folks carrying in cases of soda and water and we do that if we sailed again. They will get you on the drinks. The food was pretty good. I tend not to eat a lot on cruises. The lines were terrible and it was always so congested in the red sail. I was happy to see the hand sanitizing station on each side of all the buffets. We had late dinner seating which really is late for us. We ate in the dining room 4 nights and had a great group of folks at the table with us. We also ordered room service two nights because I was so sea sick I couldn't leave the room.

Shore Excursions:

Our first port was Cozumel. We took a cab to downtown and did some shopping. Not too exciting. We've been to Cozumel before and knew what to expect. It was so unpleasant being stopped every foot with someone trying to get you into their store. If they would just leave you alone, you might actually go into their store! We ate lunch at a great little restaurant recommended by ship in the back of a little shop. I forget the name but they had great guacamole. We ordered a margarita and it knocked me to my knees! I couldn't even each my lunch. The room was spinning and I thought I was going to be sick. I didn't even drink half of it!!!

The next port was Belize. We did the city tour and Alton Ha tour. Waiting for a tender into the city was terrible. They crew did not have their act together at all getting folks out. We were an hour late from our excursion time. The city tour was really eye opening. People were putting up barbed wire fence around their homes. We had a great tour guide, Tiffany who invited us to her house to eat iguana and rat. Yucko! She said it was a staple for the folks there. The temples were breath taking. It was a very long bus ride there but worth it in the end. I highly recommend you try the local beer(Belkin). It was really good. We got a lot of great pictures. I felt very bad for all the dogs running around. There was a vendor at port selling t-shirts for the local humane society so we gave a big donation. It was refreshing to see they had a humane society. The port was nice and they had a lot nice stores. Some of the vendors were not very friendly but it was okay. Roatan was our favorite port. It was so beautiful there! We did fin and flippers after reading so many great reviews about it. It did not disappoint and there were only around 20 folks there. What a beautiful place! I lounged on the beach while my husband snorkeled off the pier. The sand gnats were horrible (over 100 bites) but it did not stop us from having a great time. We want to back soon!!!

Our fifth day was at sea. Just hung out. Very windy and cold. We signed up for the Susan Koeman walk for the cure. Only three of us showed up. Finally after we started walking, a crew member came us who I guess was supposed to lead the walk. She complained about the cold and went downstairs. The three of us walked our mile and a couple of folks joined in later. I was really disappointed with the turn out and the attitude of the crew member. I did not catch her name but she had really short red hair. Butch was the CD. We did not meet him but he was on the TV and intercom all the time. Seems like a goofy guy and kind of annoying but people love him!

Freeport was our last stop. Took a cab ($5/person) to downtown areas. We shopped and walked across the street (by the Sheraton) to the beach and paid $5 for a chair. It was a nice relaxing day.

Getting off the boat was a nightmare. Lines that went on forever and people cutting in line to get off the ship. Getting our luggage was no problem and we were glad to get home. Probably won't cruise with Carnival again but we did have a great time. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>