Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Kerry: Not impressed

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Not impressed

Sail Date: November 2008
Destination: Bahamas

I found that NCL really did not care about service. The wait staff in the dining room since they don't make the extra tips don't really care. No one tries to get to know you, be friendly and it takes forever to get fed. I prefer the normal cruise dining times, at least they have fun with you and you can still see a show. They cater to both dinner seatings on other lines. Not NCL!!!!!! No late night adult only shows.

No midnight buffet. Free style is you can eat when you want, if they happen to have food out at the time. The one late night rest. Had 2 servers for a whole ship load of people to order from. Room service took over an hour to get. How can you run out of a certain item on the menu, when it is only 4 hours after we set sail.

The Shows are not shows. The dancers were good, but they had nothing given to them to make the show worth wild. Walked out of the show. I used to work on ships and the shows were great. Not on NCL.

Wanted to get a shirt at More the gift shop that they talked about for their deck party, only to find out they had none. Nice!!!!!

Fitness center, the scale was great only time I have ever lost 20 lbs on a ship since they scale was so off. The trainer there was not friendly and no personality.

Bar staff was great. Got the soda card and was worried that I would be treated badly because it was all you can drink. They were the only ones all over you to help.

Besides all this I had a good time. Only because of the people I was with, we made it fun. Not any thanks to NCL.

Embarkation and debark was easy. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 8118

I could hear the deck below my cabin in my cabin. When I wanted to sleep I did not want to hear the singer downstairs