Carnival Glory Cruise Review by hopelea

10-12 4.0
        13-15 4.0
Rates 5+

Thanksgiving on Glory
Our travel group consisted of me (41), DH, (41), parents (71), sister (49), DDs (14 & 12), nephew (13).

We arrived at PC around 11. Drop off was very easy. I am glad we arrived early because there wasn't a long line to drop off the luggage. DH dropped us and the luggage off and he parked the car. Check in was very quick and simple. My parents are platinum members so after we checked in we were escorted onto the ship with the platinum members. I felt like we were rushed on so fast, I couldn't enjoy my trip onto the ship. We were dumped off onto deck 3 lobby. I didn't realize that was the lobby until later. I wasn't impressed at all with the atrium of this ship. It seemed so small for the size of the ship.

The seas were pretty rough the first two days. It didn't bother our family. It was fun trying to walk do the hall straight.

Our first port was Nassau. We did Blackbeard Stingray & Beach trip. It was okay. I don't think it was worth the money. No time for shopping here. The excursion took the whole time.

Next stop was St. Thomas. There were strong headwinds and we were two hours late getting into port. No big deal. St. Thomas was pretty.

Next stop was St. Martin. LOVED IT. It was my favorite stop!! What beautiful water. Great shopping.

The ship was very large. It took us a couple of days to figure it out. Once you figure it out, you won't have a problem. It is very chopped up, in my opinion.

Our room steward was John. He was wonderful. He did a great job. He was the best room steward we have ever had!! Towel animals every night. The rooms were good size.

We had 6 PM dinner seating at the platinum restaurant. We had a table on the aft. It was the worst table service we have ever had. We talked to many other people and they said their service was wonderful. Must have been our server. It was so bad that we decided not to eat in there. My parents continued to eat there every night. They said it didn't get any better.

The kids in our family were mixed on Circle C. There is no one meeting place for this age group. They bounced from The Green Room, Crimson Club to Bar Blue. My dd's loved going to the activities when they had some. My nephew on the other hand, is shy and not outgoing. He didn't like the activities. He said he wished they had a club with Xbox or video games where he could hang out all day.

Butch was the CD. He talks a lot. He did a great job.

All in all, it was a good trip. There are activities all day to entertain all ages.

The food was good. We didn't have a midnight chocolate buffet. We did have a chocolate buffet during the day on a sea day. There was a chocolate fountain and they were making milkshakes that were wonderful!!

I don't know if we will go on the Glory again. It is a little to large for me, but it is a nice ship!

Publication Date: 12/02/08