Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by firefighterhoop

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by firefighterhoop
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: firefighterhoop
Cruise Date: November 2008
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: I

Majesty - Were we on Carnival?
We just got back from a 4 day cruise on the Majesty of the Seas over Thanksgiving. There were some good things, as well as some not so good things on the cruise. I do believe that no matter how bad things are (to a point), that you can still make the best of things and have a great trip, which we did.

This is my 36th cruise, so I do have plenty of cruises to compare it to.

EMBARKATION - Got to the pier at 11:40, got through security very easily, and then road block one; They can not find My seapass card. They had to get a hold of the Pier supervisor, look for about 10 minutes, and then they found it, where, I have no idea. Was on the ship at about 12:15.

THE SHIP: For being 16 years old, the ship is in very good condition for the most part. The rooms are tiny compared to other ships, however, having been on this and the Monarch before we were expecting that. The hot tubs are very small (4 or 5 people max), and are often full. When they moved them a few years ago, they should have added larger ones.

FOOD: I was very disappointed with the Windjammer on the ship. We did the buffet a few nights during the cruise, and the food was very dry, it was the same every night. They had really weird food (Odd sauces on the food and such) It wasn't good at all. Those nights ended up going up for pizza later in the evening. The diningroom was OK, nothing special. The service in all food areas was poor. Any time you asked for anything, it seemed like they were annoyed by you. Very rarely did anyone smile. This is very unusual for RCCL. Usually staff is very friendly and helpful.

ENTERTAINMENT: The entertainment on the ship was very good. 2 stage shows, a juggler (Who wasn't very good - kept dropping stuff), and a funny comedian who also did a late night show.

OTHER NOTES: I found that the majority of the people on the Majesty (STAFF) were not friendly at all compared to other ships. I don't know if it is a management problem or not, but it wasn't a "what can we do for you" attitude of most RCCL ships, it was a "do we have to do that for you" attitude. Approaching most people for anything seemed like it was an annoyance for them. I do not plan on going back on the Majesty again.

We knew it going into the cruise, that there would be several kids on the ship, but didn't know how the parents would just let their kids turn it into a free for all. Come on parents, there are 2650 guests on board, and you are just letting your young teenagers 10-14yo's run around freely. I have nothing against kids at all, however when RCCL doesn't enforce curfew, and People are woken up by kids running down the halls at 330am, it shows a lack of PARENTING.

Another note:there is NOTHING for teenagers between 15-17 to do on this ship after dinner. They don't want to hang out in the kids program, and they can not get into the adult disco etc. What else are they going to do besides find other "creative" things to do.

In Key West everyone must go to customs between 8:30am and 10:30am.

Debarkation: Had white tags, among the first group off.

Publication Date: 11/30/08