Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by firefighterhoop: Outstanding Back to Back to Back on the Enchantment.

firefighterhoop
Member Since 2004
2,914 Posts

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Outstanding Back to Back to Back on the Enchantment.

Sail Date: November 2008

We are just back from our Back to Back to Back (5/5/4 night) on the Enchantment of the Seas and had a fantastic time. Almost everything went extremely smoothly on the trip. All of us had a great time. Just a little about me so you can understand my point of view, this is my 35th cruise, so I am able to compare it to other cruises.

Embarkation: Got to the pier at 1045, immediately was in a very short line for our Seapass Cards, and sat down until 11:20, when we were able to board the ship. Pretty Painless, and we knew we would have to wait until between 11:15 and 11:45, as that is when most ships begin boarding.

The Ship: Mainly in very good shape. No complaints about anything. I have heard people talking about brown/discolored water, but we did not see any in the 14 days on board the ship. Having been on the Rhapsody, the 73 foot addition added to the Enchantment makes the pool area seem much more open then on the other Vision Class Ships. More

Food: I always find food hard to rate, because EVERYONE likes something different. I found the food in the Windjammer FANTASTIC for the evening buffet. They had roasted chicken every night, carved meats, a few stir fry nights each cruise (Made to order), several pasta selections, and several other selections. Honestly one of, if not the best Windjammer Dinner Selection I have ever seen on a ship in 35 cruises!

For Lunch the Windjammer had the normal lunch fare you will find on any ship, and same with breakfast.. It was very good, but again, the same as you will find on most ships. Service in the Windjammer was also outstanding. People have mentioned that tables are hard to get in the windjammer during peak breakfast and lunch periods. This was true, but as it is on all ships! I was never unable to find a seat.

The dining room food and service was also very good. Remember, however, that the dining room is closed for lunch on port days.

ENTERTAINMENT: They had 2 production shows each cruise, a comedian, and a juggler. On the 5 night cruises they also had the Platters. I was semi disappointed that they did not switch out the guest entertainers each cruise or at some point in 14 days, so we had the same comedian and jugglers for 3 cruises. No big deal however.

They, as always, had the Love and Marriage Gameshow and the Quest, as well as a 70's dance party in the Centrum, and an 80's dance party in the Spotlight Lounge (Deck 6 aft).

THey had a bellyflop competition and a Mr. Enchantment of the Seas Contest.

OTHER NOTES: The staff on the Enchantment were AMAZING. The Senior Staff (Captain, Hotel Director Etc) seemed to go to every event, and get somewhat involved. They seemed like very nice people, and their leadership showed all the way down. The staff Morale on the ship seemed to be VERY high, and all employees were extremely nice!

DEBARKATION: Very smooth. As a Diamond Plus member had White luggage tags, and were the first ones off the ship. NOTE: This ship does not start debarkation until 8:30, so plan flights accordingly.

I had a great trip on the Enchantment, and hope to go again sometime when it comes back from Panama. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>