Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by VOCAB3802

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by VOCAB3802
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: VOCAB3802
Cruise Date: November 2008
Cabin Category: 4A
Cabin Number: R25
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Second Cruise
A good cruise with very few complaints.

I flew from Louisville, Ky to Atlanta, GA to Ft. Lauderdale. Arrived at the airport around 10:30am. Carnival representatives were right there at baggage claim to show passengers where to wait for the tour bus transfers. I waited about 45 minutes so we'd have as close to a full bus as possible.

It took about 35 minutes to transfer us from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami's cruise port. Porters were on hand to take our luggage and we tipped them $1 per bag. Proceeded inside terminal to check-in for cruise. It was very crowded but the line moved swiftly. By 1:35, I was on board the ship and having lunch at the Lido Buffet. There were hotdogs, hamburgers, fries and potato salad. All very good!

Then I went to my room (R25). It was clean and clean-smelling. I didn't care much for my room steward, Pierre. He was very short and seemed like it was an imposition to service me. No big deal though. As long as he kept my cabin clean, that's all I cared about.

Stayed in room that first evening and didn't attend Orientation Talk. This was my second cruise so I knew the drill. I watched it later on t.v. in my stateroom to see if there was any information I needed.

At around 4:05 we had Lifeboat Drill and considering there were about 2500 guests, it went smoothly, however I was on Riviera deck and I was tired after climbing the stairs all the way up to the 9th deck. 4 floors!

Dinner was tasty, hot and prompt each night. Didn't care for our head waiter Harold. Again, he, too, seemed rushed and every night he forgot my lemon wedges for my water.

Shore Excursions:

Key West: I'd advise doing a shore excursion. I did Ripley's and then walked around after that but there wasn't much to see and I found that after about an hour, I was bored and ready to go back to the ship. The shops weren't that great and now I wish I'd done more than just Ripley's. Oh well, I can always cruise to Key West again and do something different! I thought I'd want more time in Key West, but being there from 7:30-1 was perfect for me.

Cozumel: It's beautiful and if you are on a budget, just get off the ship and there's shopping and restaurants right at the end of the pier. If that's not your speed and you need more action, schedule a shore excursion. The ship is in port from 1-9:30 and that should be plenty of time to enjoy yourself.

There are many activities on board the ship. The key is finding what you enjoy. I'm a gambler so the casino saw a lot of me. It wasn't paying out much, but i didn't expect it to nor did I really care. I just like the action of the casino atmosphere.

I only saw one show and that was on the first night. I'd say the entertainment (singers/dancers) is good, but not great but it's not horrible either. The comedian that night was a bit off kilter. He wasn't very funny and needed more material.

Too many people on the Lido Deck during the main part of the day and days at sea. I don't like crowds and never made my way to the Serenity area. Next cruise, I will definitely find it. Also, haven't tried the spa services but will next time.

Publication Date: 11/26/08