Carnival Victory Cruise Review by luvincruzin: Not a good experience

Not a good experience

Sail Date: November 2008
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Well, to start with I have cruised aboard the Victory before, in 2006 to be exact. And what I experienced this time was horrible. Lets start with our dining experience. Dinner never took under 1 1/2 hours. The 2nd night..2 1/2 hours to be exact. Our wait staff was very nice but seemed as tho they weren't sure how to manage the tables they had. It was confusion. We were never greeted by our Maitre'd OR our head waiter. They never even once approached our table. The food was ok, nothing much to speak about.

Next, at the Captains Cocktail party we were only given 1 drink...yes, only 1. There was no one to introduce us to the Captain either. There were 2 long lines of people who never introduced themselves or introduced anyone else. Speaking of the captain, later on during the cruise as my friends and I sat up on the Lido deck, the Captain walked past. We all acknowledged him and he just looked at us...never saying hello or anything.

The Pursers desk More staff was just shy of rude. Not to mention the fact they had trouble understanding what we were asking for, which was a copy of our current bill. 3 of us asked...1 was told we can get that for you in the morning, 1 was told they couldn't have it and the 3rd person was told to check their tv in their stateroom.

Now lets talk about activities. Yes, this cruise was 7 days/6 ports. However, there were never any pool deck activities. There was no midnight grand gala buffet, no chocolate buffet...the only time we saw any members of the entertainment staff was the night of the deck party. The deck party started at 9:30 pm...the staff arrived at 11:30pm...there were no fun game shows to watch and participate in. Talk about a boring time.

This was the worst experience I have ever had aboard a Carnival Cruise. And I guess what makes it worse is the fact that there were 4 of us in our group...2 seasoned cruisers and 2 brand new to cruising. How did this affect their experience??? BADLY...after us seasoned cruised praised cruising and really told them how much fun they would have...they were not impressed at all.

As we would pass staff in the halls or on the decks, no one would speak or smile. It almost seemed as tho they were afraid to speak to us.

But I do have to say that our cabin stewards were the best!!! They always had smiles and good mornings. They really strived to make us comfortable. Our rooms were spotless, beds always turned down, mints and towel animal galore!!!

I think I can safely say this was my last Carnival cruise Less