Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by LuvzCruisin': Our Honeymoon

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Our Honeymoon

Sail Date: November 2008

We went on the Liberty 11/8/08 for our honeymoon. I have sailed w/ CCL 3 other times and have been on 6 additional cruises on different cruise lines. We were married in May in Bermuda on a different cruise. This was our third time on the Carnival Liberty. The first time was great. The second time was not too good b/c we hit a tropical storm and had really bad weather. Of course this was not the cruise lines's fault, but it did cause a lot of crew members to get motion sick for a couple of days.

This time was better. The food was good, weather awesome, and the crew very friendly (as I expect from Carnival). The only thing that went wrong was that I came down w/ a stomach virus and didn't feel too swift. I sanitized every where I went before I ate anything (I do this at home too). Anytime you put a group of people together there is always a chance of catching something so I don't really blame this on the cruise line either.

We don't tend to go to the More shows so I can not rate them. The Paparazzi bar is our favorite hang out on this ship. They serve wine and martinis (along w/ some mixed drinks). This time our bartender was Tommy and he was great. He was funny and very friendly. He would also sing to his customers too. The food in the dining room was really good (and we are quite picky). My husband is a retired chef and I consider eating a hobby! The breakfast and lunch buffets were good. We even ate 2-3 dinners on the Lido and they were good too. One afternoon they had a chocolate buffet on the Lido during lunch. One morning we had breakfast in the dining room and that was really good.

Drinks were very good on the pool deck and thru out the ship.

Overall everything was great and I highly recommend this cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>