Pride of America Cruise Review by Sparky: Totally Awesome

Totally Awesome

Sail Date: November 2008
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

Please enter your review.

After reading some of the earlier reviews, I was hoping that I didn't make a mistake in booking on the Pride of America.

The family and I got to the ship and was pleased that it took very little time to get on the ship. It was a hassle being bugged by the photographers to get our picture taken for "security" reasons to find out that they were lying from the real folks taking our picture for security reasons. I am glade that we were able to collect all our pictures and didn't have to pay for them. All you have to do is collect them from the case and leave. We were told that all they do is throw them away at the end of the cruise so we might as well take them because it is just another way of them advertising their cruise.

The food was just fine for what we were there for. We didn't want to dress up nice to eat and the Aloha Cafe was perfect for that. Great variety in food and it was nice to be able to set outside on the back of More the ship and enjoy the great weather. The excursions were great for the adventure person. Could be price cheaper if not booked through NCL but I didn't want to try to figure out where and how to get there. Zip lining was totally awesome and should be done if you have the chance.

The entertainment on the cruise was mixed. The best surprise was not even advertised. On Thursday night a group of Sweet Adelines sang and they packed the theater. If NCL was smart, they would book the quartets ZING! and Vocal Spectrum on other cruises because that night was the only time the theater was packed and that was even with a Luau going on at the same time! Great entertainment!

Chris Alpine was a funny comedian and the Magician was great but still these two didn't come close to what Zing! and Vocal Spectrum offered. Sorry to the people who didn't get to see the show.

The crews show "Fountains" was good to see on the last night but the rest of the entertainment was just ok at best.

Overall it would be fun to come back and do it again and if I knew that ZING! and Vocal Spectrum were going to preform I would do everything in my power to be there. NCL wise up and get these folks on more cruises for entertainment. Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>