Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by oriolfn

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: SO
Value-for-Money 5+

Amazing Time
This was our 3rd cruise, but the first one without children. My wife and I went with another couple. It was our 2nd cruise on RCL (The other one was on Carnival).

Embarkation: We flew into Miami on Sunday morning and stayed at the Cadet Hotel. It was a small boutique hotel near the ocean and Lincoln Ave. The hotel was really nice and a good value. We took a taxi and arrived at the terminal around 11:30 on Monday. We were on the ship eating lunch by 11:45. What a breeze...it was the easiest ever. We walked down to our room at 12:45 and our room was ready and our luggage was waiting for us.

Ship: The 'Majesty' was beautiful. Everything seemed almost brand new. The decor was tastefully done. Even though this was the smallest ship we've sailed on, it seemed just as big. Even though the ship was sold out, it never felt crowded anywhere we went. There were always tons of lounge chairs open.

Cabin: We originally booked an inside cabin, but later upgraded to a Superior Ocean View. I just kept watching the prices every couple of days and when it dropped to $259 per person, I called and paid the extra $60 total. The extra room and view was well worth it. The bathroom is pretty small, but only a little smaller than the other 2 bigger ships we were on. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. Our room attendant was Irvin and he was very good. It's amazing how every time we came back to the room, there were fresh towels, the bed was made, and there were towel animals and chocolates.

Dining: The Windjammer buffet was laid out very well and you didn't need to wait for anything. The food was very good and had a wide variety for everyone.

The Deli had a good selection of soups and sandwiches and was really nice for snack to hold us over before our late dining. The Pizza was really tasty also.

Johnny Rockets was a lot of fun and the food was really good. We had coupons from 'Crown and Anchor', so we didn't have to pay the cover charge, but I would glady pay it. The onion rings and burgers are really good. The milkshakes (had to pay for them) were amazing. My buddy and I got up and danced with the waiters and waitresses....what a blast.

Main Dining: Our waiter Patricio was very good and very funny. The assistant waiter Attila was such a hard worker and was always there with bread and filling up our drinks. I would rate the food as good. We had some really good things and some things that were just okay. But it was better than what we had on Carnival. Order all the appetizers that you want (I usually got 3), they are small and very tasty. If you like something, order another. They had plenty of entrees to choose from and if you weren't quite sure, they would bring 2 and you could taste both.

Ports: Nassau was a lot of fun. We hit the straw market in the morning and bought a new things. If you don't like people bugging you to buy things, you won't like this. You can get some good deals, but you have to be willing to haggle. Just say 'no thank you' politely, walk away, and they leave you alone. If you're nice to them, they'll be nice back. Hey...it's how they survive. We took a cab for $4 per person over to cabbage beach. It was beautiful!! We laid on the beach, did a little snorkeling (took our own mask and snorkel), and had a massage on the beach. Grab some boxes of cheerios from the Windjammer in the morning and take to the beach. When you see some fish, open up the cereal and watch them go crazy. The massage was wonderful and was only $20 for 30 minutes. What a treat to get a great massage and hear the ocean.

CocoCay was beautiful. It was simple getting on the tender. We had planned to do the wave runners, but the water was to choppy and the tide was out making the shallow areas to dangerous to be in, so they cancelled the tour. They refunded our money without any issues. We spent the day lounging around, snorkeling, and drinking a few Coco Loco's. I had my own mask and snorkel, but they required you to have a safety vest. I also rented some fins...it was $15 for both and was well worth it. I saw tons of fish. There were hundreds around the plane wreck and the life guard would throw out food and they would be all around you....great time!! The food they served was really good. What a great place...can't wait to go back.

Key West was beautiful. We spent the morning just hitting the shops and doing some wine tasting. The winery had some very unique wines. My buddy and I split a case and they shipped it for free. We had chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick and it was great. We went back to the ship for lunch and just hung out at the pool and then watched the sun set. It was beautiful with all the sail boats and the sun setting in the background.

Entertainment: The cruise director (Jimmy) was very energetic and funny. He seemed to be everywhere and made things a lot of fun. The shows were pretty good. The 'Love and Marriage Show' was a blast. The ships singers and dancers did a nice job, but that's not really my thing. The guest comedian and juggler/comedian were really good.

Disembarkment: We were going to do the self embarkment, but decided we had plenty of time to get to the airport for our 11:40 flight. We put our bags out the night before. We got up, ate breakfast around 7:30 and while we were heading back to our cabin, they called our color tag. We grabbed our carry on's and walked off the ship in 2 minutes. Our bags were waiting and we walked through customs. Don't get into specifics about what you bought (I just said t-shirts and souvenir's). My buddy said jewelry (they had got some cheap earrings) and customs pulled him off to the side and he had to show them the earrings and the receipts. If he wouldn't have had the receipts, they would have confiscated them. We took a taxi to the airport for $24 for 4 people....cheaper and faster than the buses or vans waiting to scoop people up. It was a breeze.

This was an amazing cruise and we're already talking about doing it again next year!!!

Publication Date: 11/17/08