Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Lakemomb

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

BudLight Party Cruise
Well, I do believe I have recovered enough to begin writing. Bare with me on typo's and I will try and make it interesting and condensed. Flew into Miami Halloween morning. Got onto the shuttle bus fast enough as we had no checked bags, I decided on no costumes. They started passing out beer as soon as we were rolling. Everybody was in a great mood...until there wasn't enough beer for the whole bus. OH Well... Arrived at the port soon enough! Embarkation was a breeze, they even had the area decorated for BudLight! On the ship we checked it all out, Cabin with a window and lots of SWAG!!! A bag with a towel, mints, fan, water bottle, chapstick, sunscreen, Koozie, beach mat, Picture frames. and coupons for beers and photos. So much we were worried about getting it all home.

Went to the Windjammer buffet for lunch and sat with 2 nice couples. food was OK. Went back to the cabin.The cruise compass(paper that informs you of the daily activities) was there so we checked out what to do. The Halloween party started at 10PM. We had to meet some cruise critic people at 3 at a bar that no longer existed...found them anyway and "had a beer". Off to Muster and there were definitely some who needed help standing!!!...MORE BEER!!!! Then it was a quick dip in the hot tub at sail away and More Beer... Get ready for dinner, it was a very informal ship and all open seating because I think many shipmates were on a liquid diet. I was disappointed in the food. It was lukewarm at best.

Then we hit the casino for a bit (broke even) and then watched the parade of fools at the Halloween party on the pool deck. The costumes were very adult themed as nobody under 21 was allowed on the ship. Great night!!! Next day, Nassau Bahamas with our sister ship, Sovereign of the Seas. Breakfast in the dining room after room service. Lousy coffee and no smoked salmon :( Grabbed a bit more in the buffet before getting off at the docks. We meandered around town and had lunch at a local spot. MMMMM!!!Cracked conch and conch fritters. Then we caught a taxi to Paradise Island and checked out the beach scene. woohoo!!! Since we had no children with us we went to Senor~ Frogs. Just like a "spring Break". I will skip that the next time. Back on board it was MORE BEER and hot tub time. Then dinner in the dining room again. Met some very nice couple. Everybody was in such a good mood to be on a free trip that they won with free beer too!!! When it wasn't free it was only 2.25++.for the 16 oz aluminum bottles. Dance party "rock the boat" on the pool deck after dinner and MORE BEER!!!!!

Tendered into Coco Cay on Sunday. Rough seas and they had to rent some extra boats to handle both ships at once. The island was crowded(I think). We grabbed some chairs but soon the concert would start soon so we just walked up to get front row, standing only. MORE BEER and a few Coco Locos!!!! The bands were O.A.R. , BareNaked Ladies and All American Rejects. I wasn't sure about them until they started to play...then I knew some of the songs. And hey, It was a concert on the beach, What's better???? Things started getting pretty wild for the last band. I tried to protect this little, younger(much) girl in front of me but she was pushed over the fence anyway. I wasn't to nice to the bigger gal that shoved her to say the least. I ended up getting my photo taken with the lead from AAR. he looked like a typical rock star and his girlfriend/wife!?/Model. I will post that one soon, I need to scan it. Back on board it was nap time for me. Dinner in Johnny Rockets and then back to bed. I am getting too old to handle this.

Disembarked very quickly the next morning. The door was open (again) across the hall from us with 2 20 something guys in it passed out with the lights on. I am assuming they did get off the ship. At the airport many of our fellow shipmates we met on the way down were there. Totally HUNGOVER for some. Flight home was uneventfully. It was the first time in a long time we had time to sit and order at a restaurant in the airport. Usually we are late. So we had Miami food for lunch. When we arrived home we had to rush off to the high school for teacher/parent conferences and then voting Tuesday, the kids were out of school. NOW is the first time I have had to catch you all up with this. If I have forgotten something let me know and I hope you enjoyed my story.

I have no more trips planned as of now. I am sure this year has been my most traveled year of all!

Publication Date: 11/09/08