Carnival Glory Cruise Review by fllady61

16+ 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory Halloween Cruise
10/24/08 - Friday. we stayed at the Radisson. it was great. NOT that crazy about the sleep number bed though. when it was comfortable, it was too hard to get out of if you had to get up in a hurry. the pool was great and the hot tub was awesome.

10/25.- Saturday. We left the hotel about 10 am. arrived at the port and dropped of our luggage by 10:30 AM. Was checked in and on the ship after parking and getting to the building by 11:15 am. We headed to the Lido deck, where because of rain, everyone was in the Red sail. That did not matter. After eating, we went to the Arcade and played some air hockey. 1:10 we were in our cabin, and our luggage arrived shortly there after. In fact, we had most of our luggage put up by muster drill. Which was a good muster. quick and too the point this time. Sail away was good. We stayed on deck 3 and watched as the ship sail out of port. We went to get ready for dinner which was good. From there, we went to the casino and lost some money. Money hungry machines the whole trip. very few people winning at all on this cruise. Needless to say we were in bed early tonight, at leas my husband and I were.

10/26 - Nassau. Sunday. Not very exciting. Been there done that, so we just went to Del Sol to pick up a pair of flip flops for my DD, and to the Barcardi store to pick up some booze. Then it was back to the ship for lunch. After lunch, we napped some. We left port on time. The seas were rough, and it rained again. Seas were rough.

10/27 - Monday. Day at sea. Seas still rough. Raining off and on all day. nothing exciting happen. One lady fell on a wet floor in the Red Sail, Think she sprung her ankle. Again. Casino was a bust. Watched Big Mamas house 2 on tv, napped, and walked the ship.

10/28 - Tuesday. St. Thomas. I knew what i wanted here, so my DD stayed on ship, and my DH and I got off. Immigration was quick and easy. We were through the line and off the ship in about 20 - 30 min. It was the waiting for immigration to get on board and set up that took so long. We did Havensight mall, and then returned to the ship After picking up the few things I wanted. We ate lunch, then took a nap for a little while. We roamed the casino, again lost. then roamed the ship. Up to Deck 12 to watch us sail away. Awesome sight.

10/29 - Wednesday. St. Maarten. Again, I knew what I was going for, and that was all we did. WE took the water taxi in because last year we got screwed by a gypsy taxi driver that dropped us off farther from town than walking from the ship. The water taxi was playing Christmas Music. We noticed a new casino on the pier, so my DH and I both took 5$ and played. Again, LOST. Headed back to the ship just in time to see it start raining. My DD and I went to the spa pool and sauna and all while in port. later my DH and myself headed to the Casino. again... LOST.

10/30 - Thursday. We are enjoying our day at sea when Butch comes on the loud speaker, We are sorry, but we are going to make a detour to Puerto Rico for a medical emergency. One of our crew members has a life threatening emergency. This was an 8 hour ordeal. 4 hours there and 4 hours back. Although we were sailing at one point of nearly 23 knots per hour, we were still late in getting in. I did not mind. Some people did, and swore they would never sail carnival again.. For christ sake, the poor girl was in a life or death emergency. What did they want her to do die? Past Guest Party, formal/elegant night. I had too much to drink. I had 4 drinks, love the Blue Hawaiian. I was in bed at 830 pm.

10/31 - Friday. LOVE the halloween dress up. It was so much fun. Although my costume was original, and THE ONLY one like it on the ship, we got ignored when it came costume judging time. Again, the casino was NOT good.

11/1 - Saturday. we waited patiently for the ship to come home. About 3pm we went to the Amber Palace to wait it out. We disembarked about 5:40 pm Did not get in our car till about 6:20 pm. Customs, and luggage pick up were fast. Again. People were saying that they were calling the numbers in order, they were doing it sporadically. but that was not true. I personally thought that this years disembarkment was a lot better than last year, or even the year before.

Wait team - Platinum dining room. Slow service. One night it would be rather fast, but for the most part, slow as a snails pace. we did not get out one night till nearly 8 pm. (we had the 6 pm seating).

Bar waiters - don't plan on getting a coke in the red sail while eating lunch or dinner, or breakfast for that part. there were non existent except for embarking and disembarking days. Our bar waiter at dinner was very slow also. ordered, and first course half over before we got our drinks. Not ordering booze is why. if you ordered booze, your drink was there in a heart beat.

Room Stewards - Excellent service. He was great. don't know his name, but he was great. we were on deck 2.

Photographers - Jay was as sweet a pie. he was one of the best that I had seen. Very friendly even when not with a camera. Of course they were all great.

Piano Bar (cinnabar) Mark "Piano Whore" was awesome. he plays a mean piano.

Casino Stage - Dewayne Spaw was an awesome country music singer. It was a welcome relief to see COUNTRY music being played as opposed to the head throbbing stuff you hear in most areas of the ship.

Other entertainment, comedy, magician, dancers, I could not tell you too much about. I did not do those shows. NOT into things like that.

Although there were not as many crew dressing up for halloween as before, it was still a cool time.

Cruise Director: Butch, was great. He would rather be out with the crowd than doing the shows, although he likes the shows. Be sure to catch his Morning Show on sea days, and if you have a special occasion, birthday, anniversary, engagement, let him know.

Breakfast Buffet - The potatoes were a sight better than last year, but not like the first year on Glory. I liked the Banana pancakes, and french toast. The bacon on some days was good, others could have cooked a little longer. The omelette station some days was quick and easy, others, it was backed up the stairs to get special eggs or omelettes.

Lunch Buffet - It was par for the course. I wanted to try all the ethnic but the caribbean food was doused in curry, and i could not eat it. The mexican day was not that great either. The chocolate buffet was good. I love the chocolate fountain with fresh banana, apples, melon, and donuts.

The oriental place closed early in the evening and opened about 11 am. I guess it closed around 7 or so. I really thought it was to be open till 11 pm like the deli. Late night grill was ok. I did not eat at the Pizzeria. Not a big fan of pizza. Did not do shur mer either (fish)

Room Service was great as always. Love the BLT's.

Cabin seemed a bit cramped this time.

Although there was rain, rough seas, a side trip to Puerto Rico (sp), It was a great cruise.

I loved dressing up for Halloween, which was a great treat. And although we did not win a contest, most of the passengers felt we had the best costumes. I was the corpse bride, and he was the grim reaper. I think everyone on the cruise took our picture that night.

Here is to our next cruise. It can't come soon enough.

Publication Date: 11/08/08