Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by nanceelu16

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by nanceelu16
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: nanceelu16
Cruise Date: October 2008
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Service Not Rated

Service is slipping!!
Before I begin, I love Royal Caribbean and always will. But this time on the Explorer, I was disappointed.Our cruise was on Oct 23rd Bermuda/Caribbean cruise.

The embarkation was a breeze. We arrived around 1:30pm and we were able to go to our room. The room was fantastic!It was bigger than the junior suite that we had last time.

We went to the Wind Jammer for lunch, the food was stale. We all thought that it was just left overs from the last cruise. We went to dinner that night, our service staff was wonderful! Allan and Silvio .They catered to our every need. The food...well.... horrible. I think the chefs need to go back to culinary school.

We NEVER saw our room attendant. We called him to give us egg crates for the sofa bed. He just handed them to me and I had to make my own bed. Never saw him again. The room was never completely clean.

We were literally in Bermuda for 2 hours. That was disappointing.It was a waste. We went to lunch at the Wind Jammer that afternoon because that was the only thing opened. We all got sick on the food, we decided right there and then NO MORE WIND JAMMER! The next day at sea, we were by the pool deck. The drink waiters kept ignoring us because we had a soda card. They kept telling us that they only got drinks at the bar. I finally got up and went to the bar the get my soda. I guess if no tips were involved, no service! I had never experienced this!!!

During the rest of the cruise, it didn't get any better. For a minute I thought I was on a Norwegian cruise rather a Royal Caribbean cruise!

Please do not get me wrong, I LOVE Royal Caribbean , but management needs to take a good look at was is going on here before they become one of those other cruiselines.

Disembarkment was a disaster! It was unorganized and people just didn't know what to do.

I will travel Royal Caribbean again but Explorer will not be my next cruise for a LONG time.....

Publication Date: 11/03/08