Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by ommboz: Great cruise - and NO brown water!

ommboz
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great cruise - and NO brown water!

Sail Date: October 2008

Just returned from a 4 day cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas, and was pleasantly surprised! I have sailed on about 15 cruises - RCCL, Carnival, Holland America and have been both on the super-sized ships, as well as the smaller, more intimate ships.

The Enchantment was a wonderful getaway and a beautiful ship. Embarkation was a piece of cake - we arrived at the terminal in Ft. Lauderdale about 12 noon, and we were on the ship by 12:20. Cabins weren't ready till 1:00, so we decided to start the cruise with a drink in the Viking Crown Lounge - nice area with a great 360 degree view - very quiet during the day, but at night it becomes the ship's disco, and the music there plays till about 3:00 am!

I had a inside cabin on deck 4 near the Champagne Bar and the Centrum - very convenient area and I could easily get to either block of elevators from my cabin. Rooms were very clean, bright, and had a good amount of storage space. Bathrooms were adequate. I had read More about all the problems with water on the Enchantment over the last few months, about brown/discolored water, etc. I am happy to report that the water in the sinks, toilet and shower were ALL CLEAR! NO WATER PROBLEMS at all during the entire trip.

Food both in the dining room and Windjammer were good to great, with a good presentation. We went to Chop's Grille one night and I highly recommend it to anyone. Excellent food, and service. The steaks are the choicest, and done to perfection! I couldn't have asked for a better meal there! For late nighters, there was a section of the Solarium that provided pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs and cookies till 3:00 am.

Entertainment was excellent as well. The Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers had 2 very high energy shows which were fantastic. There also was a great comedian (who did a late night adult show during the cruise as well), and a superb magician on the final night. Also, there were excellent groups playing in the Champagne bar each evening - a String trio, and family of 3 who sang, and played keyboards, flute, and accordion. Awesome, and a great way to end the night listening to them while having a cocktail. Schooner Bar also had a piano player who was good.

The entire Enchantment staff and crew were GREAT. The cruise director, Marc, really kept things going and was always around the keep everyone excited and active. The entire staff went above a beyond for the people on the ship.

The ship itself was really beautiful and well kept. The Centrum area is bright and open, with many windows throughout the ship so you can see the ocean. I was very impressed with the ship, and wouldn't know it was 11 years old! Just some minor carpet stains, and some paint issues, but nothing major at all. The public areas were great, and very open as well. The shops were laid out well and were open for long periods of time while we were at sea.

Debarkation was more of a piece of cake then embarkation. Royal Caribbean now does what others have done they assign you a lounge to wait in and a time you need to go there, then a representative takes you to the place you need to go to leave the ship. I had a 9:30 time, left right at 9:30, was through customs, had my luggage by 9:50 and out of the port. Awesome!

Overall, the Enchantment of the Seas is a wonderful ship, full of many things to do, and a staff that go out of their way to make your vacation the best that it can be. I would go on this ship again in a heartbeat. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>