Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Bobby D H: Adventuresome!!!

Bobby D H
0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Adventuresome!!!

Sail Date: August 2008
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Dover

I sailed on the Splendor on August 30th for the Northern Europe Cruise. I had anticipated this trip since I booked in May 2007. I traveled alone. My room was on the very back of the ship. I loved it. It was so quiet and the balcony had a chaise lounge along with chairs. It was wonderful.

The room was excellent. The steward kept it clean and well stocked. I found the dining in the Gold Pearl Restaurant was very good (considering the fact the ship was feeding 1500 people per seating). I can honestly say that I did not have one bad meal. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was great.

I found the bars and lounges to be adequate staffed with very friendly and courteous people. I do not thing the pricing was out of line. I did not attend the shows. I prefer to just "hang out" in the evenings (having been on numerous cruises). I did find the Grand Piano bar especially enjoyable. Ron Pass was the entertainer and I understand he will be More rejoining the Splendor when it gets to its new home in LA.

I used the exercise room. It was clean and the equipment was good. I just wished that the newer ships had a deck that goes all around the ship. I prefer to walk that rather than the track because of the wind on the track.

I did not particularly like the layout of the Lido Buffet area. It seems to be easily overcome with passengers. Not a good flow of people. The food was just OK. I have had better on other Carnival ships and other cruise lines. Especially bothersome was the area where one could get an omelet or fried eggs. The Deli and Pizza area were quite good.

Overall, I had a very good experience on this new ship. I will sail Carnival again. And hopefully will be on the Splendor again!! Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>