Seabourn Legend Cruise Review by james k

Email: jamesking@ozemail.com.au
Cruise Date: December 2007
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: A1
See More About: Seabourn Legend Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Seabourn Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seabourn Legend Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seabourn Legend Deck Plans
Could it get any better?
A month on Seabourn? How can life possibly return to normal after doing such a long vacation? Our cruise was the Christmas and NYE 07 Cruise followed by the 2 week trip through the Panama Canal to Caldera in Costa Rica in Jan 08.

This was a special trip for my mother's 60th Birthday, and had been planned for well over a year. We managed to grab a huge discount from Seabourn and combine it with a discount from our travel agent. Seabourn were offering 50% off the rack rate and we gained another 5% from our agent in the UK.

As per normal we arrived in our embarkation port a couple of days prior to our trip. We decided to stay in Miami in a very nice hotel that offered a two bedroom suite (Fontainebleau resort on collins ave) so that we could do some shopping (Sawgrass Mills!!!)

We used a limo company to transfer us from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and arrived at the port at the correct embarkation time. As per normal, bags taken and shown straight into the lounge for afternoon tea.

I think that I have covered most of what to expect on seabourn on other reviews. I will try and focus this review on aspects that were different or unusual compared to the med.

The Caviar in the surf was a very nice change. We had never experienced this before since all of our previous cruises have been in the Med. We were delighted with the many "private beach bbq's" that Seabourn offered, and thought that they were a great way to spend a day.

The food onboard was good, however we felt that the chef wasn't as talented as previous chef's aboard seabourn. He was a nice fellow, and was often seen around, however the standard was not up to Michael's cuisine as mentioned on my last review.

I must make a special mention about the crew on this ship. I found all the staff to be amazingly good at their job. Yes Seabourn staff are always good, but the crew this time seemed to go more out of their way than ever before. I must mention the German Sommelier who helped me find cigars in ports, and even accompanied me to the shops to try to get a better price!

I found out that although they are not allowed to take tips, a "donation" to the crew fund is always appreciated (it allows the staff to get free beer etc) If you see the purser he will direct the money in any way that you want. I ended up giving $100 for beer and another $100 for spirits and soft drinks.

The itinerary for this trip was great, we loved going through the Panama canal and appreciated the commentary from the onboard guest speaker. I don't think that we have ever had such a good holiday before. A month seemed ages when we were booking the cruise, however it passed so quickly that it seemed to go past in a blink.

We have booked again for Christmas 2009 and no, it can't get better than this, if you want to spoil yourself or have the one cruise of a lifetime, I can't recommend highly enough the month's trip on Seabourn!

Publication Date: 10/24/08
More Seabourn Legend Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seabourn Legend review Read the next Seabourn Legend review

More Panama Canal & Central America Reviews
Panama Canal Transit
Far exceeded our expectations!
FreeStyle on the Pearl