Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Kathy Moose

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Kathy Moose
Carnival Inspiration
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

A happy Moose
This cruise on the Inspiration was our first. We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. I must say, I was totally impressed! I was like a little kid(I'm 61) wanting to see everything.Our cruise left Tampa at 4pm, with the mandatory boat drill before we left. It didn't last long. Boarding was very smooth, and we went to the buffet then to our room. Very nice room, very clean. and Candice, our steward was awesome!!!We had an oceanview room, but window was very dirty. They can't keep them clean. One piece of advice. Take a power outlet strip with you, as there is only ONE outlet in the cabin! We were glad we were in the dining room with George the Greek. This man is such a gentleman! The waiters put on a nightly show after dinner, which was so much fun.

Day One at Sea Since this is a smaller ship there is only one pool, which we didn't even try to get in. The serenity area for adults was very nice, and we didn't have problem finding two loungers together. It's hot back there, and I can't for the love of me figure out why there is a HOT tub there. There is all kinds of things to do, and even though there was a ton of people and kids, it didn't seem crowded. Note There is a lot of drinking going on. How one can drink that much blows my mind! Another that really impressed me was all the areas that led to side deck, where the lifeboats were, where you could just watch the sea, and the dolphins. I found myself out there many times, even after dark, and it was beautiful beyond words.

Cayman Islands

Only regret we have is that the time there was not long enough. This place is just beautiful. I would rather cut the Cozumel stay and have a longer one here. Many on board told me the same thing. We went to the Seven Mile Beach, then shopping.

Cozumel

I saw enough, that I do not want to ever go there again. We weren't able to go on the catamaran boat trip, because the nite before I had lobster, which Wed. morning I was broken out from head to toe with a red itchy rash. The nurse knew what it was and gave me Benedryl and said no sun for that day. Bummer!!! Be careful what you eat that you may not be used to. The delicious food and things you have not eaten may cause problems.

Sea Day Our last day home was filled with lots of fun, especially in our dining room. As the waiters sang to us, I actually cried. A cruise is what you make it, and I am one to say to the Inspiration, I AM INSPIRED. Very clean, staff working constantly to clean up messes. And, for the health inspection report, the Inspiration scored 96 out of 100, 100 being perfect score.For a smaller older ship, I would recommend this 5 day to all.

Disembark

Was a total breeze. We were off ship by 10am and to the airport. Carnival, you have this down to perfection!!!! Inspiration, keep up the good work. We are planning another cruise on Carnival with our two boys next year, God willing.

Publication Date: 10/22/08