Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by rgt21: Great Time As A Single

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Great Time As A Single

Sail Date: October 2008
Destination: Bahamas

I am finally taking to the time to give a review of my October 6, 2008 sailing on Majesty of the Seas. I arrived in Miami on Sunday, October 5, and stayed at the Embassy Suites - Airport. They provide shuttle service at no charge (nice) but you have to go up one level to get the service. The hotel provides a Manger's reception was very nice that evening and of course the complimentary cook to order breakfast the next morning. Since I did not have a rental car I decided later to walk next door to Bennigan's for dinner. They were closed (out of business)!! So I went back and ate at the hotel.

Monday. Embassy Suites provides shuttle service to the Port of Miami for a fee of $10.00 and that was nice. On previous cruises I would return back to the airport and take the bus provided by the cruise line. The was really nice because I took the 11:00 am shuttle and there were only 5 of us on the van, comfortable ride, and we got curb side (front door) service. I arrived to the ship at More around 11:20 am and embarkation was a breeze. I was on the ship by 11:30 am. My room was not ready (of course) so I join everyone at the Windjammer Cafe for lunch. After lunch I toured to ship and I really enjoyed the improvements that had been made. At 1:00 pm I headed to my room and WOW!! I booked a Grand Suite and it was. Beautiful woodgrain all around, marble counter top bar, large bathroom with marble top counter, huge balcony (3 chairs and 2 tables) and more storage space than I would ever use. The cruise line sent me a bottle of chilled Champagne, fruit bowl and a large bottled water. Also I had a nice sized flat screen TV with a DVD player. As you can see I was awed!! At 3:30 pm I had a sail-away party in my room with people who I met on this site and it was nice to meet people that I had been chatting with online for months. I had first seating dinner and when I arrived the dining room I was impressed at how the staff was lined up to escort you to your table. My disappointment with dinner is the lack of respect for dress code my passengers. I saw shorts, jeans, tennis shoes, t-shirts, etc. I will not dwell on this too much but I really with the cruise line would enforce the dress code for the main dining rooms.

Tuesday. We arrived into Nassau and I liked the fact that we were the ship closest to the city. If you were on the left side of the ship you could see all of the cruise ships in Nassau and on the right side you could see the city. Since I have been in Nassau before I did not book any excursions and decided to really see the city. So I walked on one street (The Hard Cafe entrance is on this street) for about 45 minutes headed away from the cruise ship. The further I got away the more things started looking less like a tourist city. The people were living daily lives and being themselves. Everyone was friendly and there was no one trying to hustle me. (You know how it is when you get off the ship: "braid your hair?" "taxi?" "where you want to go?" etc). I walked a total time of about 3 hours and I must say that the better deals on items was closer to the ship.

Wednesday. We arrived into Coco Cay. I only left the ship to go and do the wave runner experience. I have done it many times and I enjoy it every cruise. After that I returned back to the ship and enjoyed the activities for those who did not leave, such as rock climbing, Wii, and trivia.

Thursday. We were in Key West. I grew up in Florida so Key West for just another water side city to me. If it is your first time I would recommend renting scooters or a car to that you can get outside of the tourist area and really see the island.

Over all I had a great time. I highly recommend Johnny Rocket's and all the specialty restaurants. If you can, a balcony is really worth it also. I know that they have improved this ship alot but it is one of their older ones so I would recommend it for a first time cruiser. See this ship why you can and GET OUT THERE!! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Grand Suite Deck 10 1536

Grand Suite. Large all the way!! More space than I could use. I loved the baclcony. I have been sold and a suite after this cruise and will only book a suite.