Carnival Splendor 3

Angel
Member Since 2001
459 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Traveled with my husband and child. The ship decor was to busy and pink. Not elegant, we did not feel we were in a GRAND ship or a new one TOO BUSY.

The SHIP not spotless everywhere. I don't know if anyone else noticed but the cleaning crew needed to pay attention also to the dusting in the cabin and shelves. Also there was dust and dirt near the windows at the seating area at the Lido and Buffet and outside at the back of deck where you can eat sandwiches.But the rest of the Ship was very clean (main hall ways and dinning room). Also in our room we tried to take pictures from our window cabin but the outside window was never clean. (Could not get a clear picture). I told info. desk but was never cleaned.

The one thing I DID NOT like the most about the ship was the bathrooms all over the ship were NOT hands free. There were two very heavy doors to open before you get in the washrooms and they were small and the soap was not hands free. Sorry but this was not to More my liking. This is just what I think. I hope the new Carnival DREAM is not built the same. I think taste and quality of food and cleanness of the ship would improve mostly on this ship and personally it was not. Like I said it was just O.K.

The FOOD I think they were more into the presentation of the food and not the quality. I'm Italian and the sauce and the type of Italian food they made taste Americanized. The food was a big disappointment to us and sometimes served warm NOT hot.

The SERVICE of the room stewards were very nice. We were at the early seating and our dining room wait staff were GREAT. We loved them. But then again the food not so. We loved when the waitstaff would sing and dance. I think that was the best entertainment they had on this ship. But everyone who worked on the ship were great hard working people.

I traveled with Royal Caribbean (Splendor) four years ago and liked it much better. Will I travel with Carnival again?? NO. But we still had a very nice trip with the family. Less

Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Helpful? Thank angel
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review

Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?