Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by DJSteve

Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Back to Back!
Arriving in Miami:

I flew in from Detroit the same day of the cruise. I usually fly in a day or two in advance to assure there are no flight delays, but this time I took a chance. there was no issues with the flight and I arrived at MIA at about 12:05pm on schedule. I picked up my bags and proceeded outside to catch a taxi. The fare to the pier was $25+ tip. I decided to take a cab so I wouldn't have to wait for a full bus for the RCI transfers. I arrived at the pier, dropped off my bags to a porter and proceeded inside. I got into the platinum line and there was no wait at all. I got on the ship right away and my cabin was ready so I dropped off my carry on in the cabin and proceeded to the windjammer.

I was traveling alone and decided to take a back 2 back just to get myself to diamond status. I booked the cheapest inside cabin I could find but I have to say an inside cabin is really small even for one person. There was only 4 small drawers to put clothes and the closet is pretty small too. That is my only complaint. I had just taken a cruise on the Sovereign last Nov. and was disappointed in several things about that cruise. I was pleasantly surprised about how different the two experiences were.

I was on the 3 day cruise first. We had a small Cruise Critic group that met informally at 3:30pm. It was nice to meet the others. Then at 4:30 the muster drill took place. It was not bad and only lasted about 15-20 minutes. I had early dining so I went back to the tiny cabin to unpack a bit and get my formal clothes pressed. At dinner I was in the Starlight Dining room on deck 4 at table 042. The waiter was Filipino (male) and the assistant waiter was Chinese (female). Luckily, I had the same table for both cruises and had great service. The food throughout the cruise was really good. Even the Windjammer was good. Coco Cay was really nice both times I was there, but the second time it was hotter that day. The entertainment was very typical but I have always liked the entertainment. I didn't do any shore excursions because I had been to Nassau several times. I just went to Senior Frogs and had lunch and drinks and stopped by the Straw Market. As usual, Quest and the Love and Marriage shows were not to be missed.

After the first cruise ended, I got a new card and was asked to wait in the library with others to go through customs and then get right back on the ship. It only took about 15 minutes and we were right back on. I went to the workout gym and it was empty except one of the RCL male singers. We talked a bit when we both were resting. A bit later I took advantage of the empty pool area and found a chair and sat in the sun until the windjammer was open again. When I went back to my cabin, I had fruit and a bottle of wine waiting on me compliments of the cruise hotel manager. I met another group from Cruise Critic. Unfortunately on back to backs you have to do the muster drill again. The cruise director on the second part was Jimmy Rhodes. He was really good. On the first part Darren the activities director acted as cruise director. He did a good job, but wasn't as polished as Jimmy was. There were 2 production shows on the 4 day Boogie Wonderland and Signed Sealed, Delivered on the second part. There was a comedian and also another night a juggler/comedian. He was really good. Overall this was a really enjoyable cruise. I took a cab back to MIA and again had no issues with my flight back to Detroit.

Publication Date: 10/20/08