Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Divotking

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Shore Excursions 5+

What Fun Ship?
We sailed on the 21st of September to the Mexican Riviera. We had always stayed away from Carnival from on our cruises because of their reputation of poor service. Well I can now say that I agree with those who have made those comments before.

The ship was very ornate and had some beautiful areas on it but it was not a warm comfortable ship that some of the other cruise lines have. We have sailed many times before to the Mexican Riviera and have always enjoyed our onboard experience. This was not one of them. The staff either was really burned out or they just didn't care. I was very disappointed with the activities at the pool areas and for the most part the activities staff was non-existent. The Cruise Director, Jeff Bronson was for the most part was like having Austin Powers running the show. He was loud and for the most part spent most of his time talking about himself. I did not think he made much of an effort to move around the ship as I have seen on other Cruise Directors do.

My main complaint was about the area designated as the Adult Pool area. The deck chairs back there were absolutely filthy. Several women in light colored swimming suits ended up with a tar like substance stain and a it seemed to be the soot from the smoke stack that came back onto that area. I mentioned several times to the deck attendant that the chairs needed to be wiped down back there or power washed. I have never seen such filthy chairs on any cruise before.

The cabin staff was okay and always had the room looking good but you never hardly saw them. As a frequent cruiser I was really disappointed at the overall activities onboard. The comedian was the high light of the whole cruise but the other Broadway type shows were very low key. We had great people at our table and we really enjoyed the menu at dinner. I was a little upset that it seemed the dining staff was always in a hurry to clear the table and rush the entries. This was clearly a crew and staff that has been out to sea to long. I know that we will never cruise on Carnival again because there are many other Cruise Lines that still offer great service and a cruise experience.

Publication Date: 10/15/08